Merging of 3-5 Classes in High Schools - New Rules for Adjustment of Teachers - ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS
Rc.No.151-A&I-2020 Dated: 11/11/2021
Sub: School Education Academic and Administrative reforms Optimal utilization of infrastructural and human resources for higher learning outcomes among students Provide the required no. of qualified School Assistants / Teachers to the needy high schools, where 3rd, 4th & 5th classes are mapped on work adjustment basis Instructions - Issued
1. National Educational Policy, 2020
2. Learning outcomes of students with respect to various assessment reports i.e., NAS, 2017, ASER etc...
3. This office Proc. Rc. No. 151/A&I/2020, dtd: 18.10.2021
In continuation to the orders issued vide reference read above, all Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State are requested to provide required number of qualified teachers to the needy High Schools where 3rd, 4th and 5th Classes are already mapped in their respective districts.
For providing the teachers, the following guidelines need to be adhered to:
- Identify the list of schools where teachers are needed basing on the enrolment.
- The normal teacher requirement is 1 Headmaster, 1 SA (Physical Education) and (9) School Assistants/SGTs for a high school with classes III to X with single section each. Subject teachers to be provided @ 4 from class III to V (4 subjects) and (6) teachers from class VI to VII (6 subjects) and (7) teachers from class VIII to X (7 subjects). However no teacher shall have workload beyond 30-32 teaching hours a week and overall 45 periods (for both preparation and teaching).
- Identify the surplus School Assistants SGTs in the School Complex, mandal, division and district in the order of preference.
- Identify the School Assistant working in UP Schools where the strength of VI and VII students is less than (35) and the total strength of UP Schools is less than (75) even after mapping.
- Identify the qualified SGTS (having B.Ed. in the relevant subjects)
- Work adjustment of the teachers shall be taken up within School Complex / Mandal/division/district, where there are adequate SGTS or subject teachers within the School Complex / Mandal/division/district then they may be deployed on work adjustment basis.
- If two SGTs are working in schools with less than 20 children, then the highly qualified SGT be deputed to the high school on work adjustment basis.
- While deputing the teachers on work adjustment higher academic qualification shall be preferred over seniority.
Further, it is also clarified that even after mapping the primary school. teachers to the High School, the teachers shall be brought under the academic control and supervision of the headmasters of the high schools.
After mapping the primary school children to high school where both the schools are located in the same premises or adjacent or within 250 mtrs, the. midday meal workers will also be mapped and no midday meal worker will be retrenched on account of such mapping.
After mapping the children of Class III to V, the primary school will function as Foundational School duly getting mapped with the Preprimary School of the AWC (located in the premises, or adjacent or within a distance of 1 KM). If the Headmaster of the High School is able to allocate subject wise teachers ever class I and II also as being done in certain high schools, that measure welcomed, but not necessarily mandatory.