Transport, Roads & Buildings Department -Containment, Control, and Prevention of COVID - 19 Epidemic - Standing Operating procedure along with IEC/BCC protocols while ferrying school going children using school buses/autorickshaws - Orders - Issued G.O.RT.No. 360 Dated: 09-11-2020.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Rt.No.216, School Education (Prog.II) Dept., Dt:01.11.0202.
2. From Transport Commissioner, AP, Vijayawada Lr.No.17021/14/ 2020, Dt:04.11.2020
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government have issued certain instructions on Re-opening of Schools and Learning with Physical/Social Distancing- Standard Operating Procedure(SOP) for Health and Safety protocols to be followed in all schools functioning under all managements for the academic year 2020-21 and requested the Commissioner, Transport, Andhra Pradesh to issue a detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) along with IEC/BCC Protocols while ferrying school going children using school buses / auto rickshaws immediately.
In the letter 2nd read above, the Transport Commissioner, Vijayawada has submitted the Standing Operating procedure along with IEC/BCC protocols while ferrying school going children using school buses/autorickshaws to be followed as a result of re-opening of Educational institutions from 02.11.2020. The Standard Operating Procedure was prepared in consultation with Director, School Education, A.P.
After examination of the SOP, Govt. hereby order to implement the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) along with IEC/BCC Protocols while ferrying school going children using school buses / auto rickshaws for prevention of spread of COVID – in Andhra Pradesh, which are Annexed to this order.
Therefore, the Transport Commissioner, Vijayawada is requested to strictly implement the Standard Operating Procedure along with IEC/BCC Protocols for prevention of spread of COVID.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES ALONG WITH IEC/BCC FERRYING SCHOOL GOING CHILDREN USING PROTOCOL’S WHILE SCHOOL BUSES / AUTORICKSHAWS
School management shall encourage students to walk or bike to school or catch rides with their parents/ guardians. In cases where students are being ferrying using school buses following guidelines shall be followed School bus maintenance :
1. School buses shall be disinfected 1 hour before embarking in the morning and after disembarking in the afternoon. Regular disinfection of equipment such as turnstiles, handrails, steering wheel dashboard, arm rests, head restraints etc,. with 1% sodium hypo chlorite solution / disinfectants shall be done.
2. The school bus shall be equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters, as they could potentially help reduce the transmission of the coronavirus.
3. Markings shall be affixed / painted on seats to show students where to sit ensuring one student only shall occupy in each row of seats. While seating there shall be a seat gap between two students at any period of time during the entire journey.
4. Plexiglass barriers shall be installed around drivers seat separating driver from students.
5. Windows shall be kept open and air conditioning shall not be used in order to maximise the ventilation.
6. Assign attendant to enforce social distancing in the bus during ride and to Keep students logs to enable contact tracing if someone test positive for COVID 19
7. It is advisable to assign single driver to same bus and same routes to minimise groups of people mingling. Route map shall be displayed in the bus.
8. Posters of COVID appropriate behaviour shall be affixed inside the vehicle and out side the vehicle at conspicuous places.
Measures to be taken while transportation of students in school buses:
1. Parents and carers must be advised that students must not board school buses if they, or a member of their household, has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
2. All students must wear masks and face Shields.
3. Screening shall be done before boarding the bus by way of thermal screening or asking symptom based questionnaire.
4.Students shall board the vehicles only after hand sanitisation.
5. Appropriate queuing or other arrangements shall be followed while picking up and dropping off students to ensure they are able maintain distancing when waiting for, boarding and alighting from school bus. only one person at a time shall be allowed to enter the bus in a queue duly maintaining 6 feet distance between successive students.
6. “First in, last out ” principle shall be followed with those children getting on first seated at the rear of the bus so that the bus is filled from the back to the front in the mornings and, on the return journey from school, each student returns to the same seat that they used in the morning
7. Students should not stand up or move around on the vehicle.
8. School management / parents shall train students on “good respiratory hygiene” . Students should be encouraged to carry tissues and disposed off in a covered bin.
9. Drivers and Attendants should wear the gloves along with the face mask and face shield.
10. Drivers and Attendants should use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser at intervals throughout the journey, and should always do so after performing tasks such as helping a child into the vehicle or handling a child’s belongings.
11. Luggage shall be allowed to be kept in luggage carriers only after Sanitisation and proper spacing shall be maintained.
Students travelling in Auto Rickshaws:
1. School management/ Parents committee shall see that the Autorickshaws which are being used for transporting students shall maintain COVID appropriate behaviour while picking up and dropping off students to ensure they are able maintain distancing when waiting for, boarding and alighting from Autorickshaws.
2. Transparent Plexi (sheet) shall be installed between driver and students
3. Auto Rickshaws driver shall ensure that Students carrying Autorickshaws are properly sanitised before successive trips with 1% sodium hypochlorite spray. All the surfaces frequently touched in the Auto Rickshaw shall be sanitised before and after journey to ensure safety.
4. Auto driver shall use face mask and face shield invariably
5. Avoid students sitting face to face with each other.
6. Students with face masks only shall be allowed
7. Sanitiser dispenser shall be placed in the vehicle. Students shall be allowed only after hand sanitisation.
8. Occupancy shall be restricted to 3 students in order to achieve distancing
9. Student log shall be maintained by the Auto Rickshaws driver to enable contact tracing if someone test positive for COVID 19.