Memo Rc.No.155/A&I/2020 Dated: 11/09/2020 School Education - Academic Year 2020-21 - Starting the process to take admissions for all classes for the year 2020-21 - Further instructions issued - Regarding.
1. This office Memo. No:92/A&1/2020, Dated:26.03.2020.
2. This office Memo. No:147/A&I/2020-2, Dated:24.06.2020
3. D.O.Lr.No.18-19/2020-IS-15, Dated:13.07.2020 of the Joint Secretary (SS.II), Department of School Education & Literacy, Gol, New Delhi.
4. This office Procgs.Rc.No:151/A&I/2020, Dated:25.07.2020.
The attention of all the Regional Joint Director of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the reference 1st cited, wherein orders were issued to declare "ALL PASS" for all the Students upto Class IX as a precautionary measure to counter the spread of Noval Corona Virus(COVID-19) in the State of Andhra Pradesh and in ref 2nd cited, all Head Masters of Primary/UP/High Schools under all Government Management Schools were requested to prepare promotion lists of the students accordingly.
Further, it is informed that, in ref 3rd cited, the Department of School Education & Literacy, MHRD, Goi, New Delhi has issued certain guidelines for providing admission to any child who has returned back to the village without asking for any other documents, expect some identity proof. They should not ask for transfer certificate or proof of class attended earlier. The information provided by the child's parents may be assumed to be correct and taken as such for giving admission to the child in the relevant class in his/her neighborhood government/government-aided school.
Further, it is informed that, in ref 4th cited, necessary guidelines were already issued for taking up of Admission in all Schools in the State by following all precautionary measures to counter the spread of Noval Corona Virus(COVID- 19).
In view of the above, all the Regional Joint Director of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State are requested to issue necessary instructions to all Headmasters of Primary/UP/High Schools under all government management Schools on the following:
a. Continue the process of admissions for all classes for the academic year 2020-21 by taking all precautionary measures to counter the spread of Novel Coronavirus(COVID-19) Immediately.
b. For this purpose, no child should be called to the school.
c. The Headmaster and the staff shall take the following steps for admission of children in the schools:
- All children that have studied from Class I to IV in the primary schools, Class I to VI in the UP Schools and Class VI to IX in the high schools during 2019-20 are declared pass and they have to be promoted to the next higher class and all those names should be entered in the admission register automatically.
- All children that have passed Class V, Class VII and their parents have to be contacted personally and their option of school for admission into next higher class to be ascertained. The same shall be informed to the headmaster concerned of the school in writing with an advice to contact the parents and admit the child in that school. In case of primary schools, the MEO shall monitor this aspect and in case of high schools, the DYEO concerned shall monitor. At any cost, no child should be admitted in any school without consulting the parents. Hence, a proof of their option to be obtained in writing.
- Once the parental/child consent is received, the headmaster of the school from which the child is going out shall handover the Record Sheet/TC of the child to the headmaster of the school where the child is seeking admission along with a copy of the parental choice.
- In case of Residential Schools, Model Schools and Kasturba Balika Vidyalayas where the admission process is taken up through online, the records pertaining to the children to be handed over to the concerned Principal under proper acknowledgement.
- Children with Special Needs should also be enrolled in schools. Modify the activities as appropriate for them and get the minimum learning levels
- The details of the admissions be recorded in the child info from time to time.
Further, the headmasters and staff shall identify the Out of School Children to get admission for the academic year 2020-21.
Admission should be provided to any child without on production of documents from parents, except identity and date insisting of birth proof. The parents should not be insisted on production of transfer certificates or proof of class attended earlier. The information provided by the parents of the children should be assumed as correct and taken into consideration for giving admission to the child in the relevant in his/her neighborhood government/ government-aided school.