APGLI Andhra Pradesh Govt Life Insurance
- Download APGLI Complete Details in Telugu
- Download APGLI Annual Account Slips
- Find / Search Your APGLI Policy No
- Download APGLI Policy Details, Sum Assured
- Download APGLI Bond
- APGLI All type of Applications with Covering Letters
- The Government employees who are between 21 and 53 years of age are eligible for taking APGLI Policies.
- The APGLI Department issues only Endowment Policies which mature one day before attaining 58 years of age.
- APGLI policies do not lapse.
- The Premium rates are low.
- Attractive Bonus rates.
- The present rate of Bonus is Rs 100/- for every Rs 1000/- Sum Assured per annum.
- The Loans are sanctioned up to 90% of Surrender Value.
- Only Simple Interest of 9% per annum is charged against loans sanctioned.
- In case of maturity of the policy, the total Sum Assured and Bonus till Date of Maturity are paid to the policy holder.
- The Policies are exempted from attachment of the court of law as well as Govt. dues, except the arrears of premium or loan etc.,
- If the Policy Holder ceases to be Government servant, and decides to surrender the policy by discontinuing the payment of Premium, the subscriber will be paid the Surrender Value and the eligible Bonus.
- In case of Death of policy holder before maturity of the policy, the full Sum Assured along with Bonus till date of death are paid to the legal heirs
- APGLI Premium is exempted from income tax under section 80C.
The minimum compulsory subscription is fixed around 4% of the basic pay however slab rates are introduced w.e.f. 1994 onwards.
Revised APGLI Slab Rates (Basic Pays)
Monthly Premium (Rs.)
Pay from Rs. 13000 to Rs. 16400
Pay from Rs. 16401 to Rs. 21230
Pay from Rs. 21231 to Rs. 28940
Pay from Rs. 28941 to Rs. 35120
Pay from Rs. 35121 to Rs. 49870
Pay from Rs. 49871 and above
A person whether superior grade employee or Office Subordinate employee who desires to pay more may be allowed to contribute upto 20% of his pay subject to medical examination at the discretion of the Director of Insurance.[G.O.Ms.No.26 Finance & Planning (FW.Admn-II) Dept., dated 22.02.1995.] Subject to some conditions the Good health certificate should be produced by the proponent if he desired to enhance the premium above compulsory slab rates.
Except as provided in rule 22, the premium for insurance effected shall be payable monthly and shall be recovered by deduction from the pay of the insured every month. .(G.O.Ms.No. 318, Finance (Pen.I) Dept. dated 20.09.1964 w.e.f. 21.02.1963)Under any circumstances proposal shall not be accepted if the applicant has already attained the age of (55) years on the date of submission of his application, notwithstanding the fact that the amount was already deducted in the monthly pay hills. Such amounts shall be treated as unauthorized amounts and refunded to the individual following the usual procedure.
IMPORTANT G.Os, Memos, Proceedings
- Memo.No.3 APGLI Changes in Guidelines as per RPS-2015
- G.O MS 189 Common Proposal Form for Fresh and Enhancement of Premium
- GO 2931 Online Payment of Loan & Claim to the Policyholders
- GO 36 Enhancement of Maximum Insurable Age, Revision of Slab Rates
- 2015 FIN MS74 Collection of expected interest of Loan
- A.P.G.L.I GO 26 Maximum limit of Premium
- G.O.Ms.No. 25 APGLI Scheme is Extended to Municipal Employees