APGLI Andhra Pradesh Govt Life Insurance
- APGLI Scheme is a Social Security Measure for the welfare of the Government employees and is mandatory for all Government employees and provincialized Local Body employees.
- The Government employees who are between 21 and 53 years of age are eligible for taking APGLI Policies.
- The APGLI Department issues only Endowment Policies which mature one day before attaining 58 years of age.
- APGLI policies do not lapse.
- The Premium rates are low.
- Attractive Bonus rates.
- The present rate of Bonus is Rs 100/- for every Rs 1000/- Sum Assured per annum.
- The Loans are sanctioned up to 90% of Surrender Value.
- Only Simple Interest of 9% per annum is charged against loans sanctioned.
- In case of maturity of the policy, the total Sum Assured and Bonus till Date of Maturity are paid to the policy holder.
- The Policies are exempted from attachment of the court of law as well as Govt. dues, except the arrears of premium or loan etc.,
- If the Policy Holder ceases to be Government servant, and decides to surrender the policy by discontinuing the payment of Premium, the subscriber will be paid the Surrender Value and the eligible Bonus.
- In case of Death of policy holder before maturity of the policy, the full Sum Assured along with Bonus till date of death are paid to the legal heirs
- APGLI Premium is exempted from income tax under section 80C.
Revised APGLI Slab Rates (Basic Pays)
Monthly Premium (Rs.)
Pay from Rs. 13000 to Rs. 16400
Pay from Rs. 16401 to Rs. 21230
Pay from Rs. 21231 to Rs. 28940
Pay from Rs. 28941 to Rs. 35120
Pay from Rs. 35121 to Rs. 49870
Pay from Rs. 49871 and above
IMPORTANT G.Os, Memos, Proceedings
- Memo.No.3 APGLI Changes in Guidelines as per RPS-2015
- G.O MS 189 Common Proposal Form for Fresh and Enhancement of Premium
- GO 2931 Online Payment of Loan & Claim to the Policyholders
- GO 36 Enhancement of Maximum Insurable Age, Revision of Slab Rates
- 2015 FIN MS74 Collection of expected interest of Loan
- A.P.G.L.I GO 26 Maximum limit of Premium
- G.O.Ms.No. 25 APGLI Scheme is Extended to Municipal Employees