The National Achievement Survey (NAS) is a representative sample of schools from all districts in India aimed at understanding the health of the education system in government and government aided schools. Findings from the NAS will be used as inputs in policy, planning and pedagogical interventions to improve student learning outcomes. NAS is not designed to assess the individual student performance. For the first time:
• The NAS is linked to the learning outcomes.
• Classes 3, 5 and 8 are being assessed in the same academic year on the same day.
• The learning gaps will be identified in all the districts of the country.
• Pedagogical interventions will be provided at district level in the same academic year.
• NAS will help in capacity building at the State/UT level by training a cadre of State Level Master Trainers (SLMTs).
• Auto-generated reports will be available at district level.