Different activities shall be organized in schools as part of the “Ammaku Vandanam” Programme, as follows:
1. The programme is entirely voluntary being introduced to inculcate respect for mothers and also sensitize towards women and gender equality in the school children.
2. Inviting all mothers on the specified date and time to the school to show appreciation/ respect/ recognition to them in a befitting manner which may include doing paada pooja by their children/ward.
3. The Head Master will ensure that arrangements are made for their seating in a big Hall/Classroom/Shamiana etc., and serve refreshments.
4. The students would show respect to their mothers and take their blessings in group.
5. Organize motivational speeches on mother’s significance, contribution to family and children’s responsibility towards their mother.
6. Singing, dancing and cultural programmes on the theme of Mother. 7. Sensitize children about many ways in which they can support and take care of their mother in particular and women in general.
8. Children may be encouraged to make and give gifts to their mothers.
9. It will be organized once in a year preferably to coincide with annual school day celebrations.