All the District Educational Officers in the state are hereby informed that Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) is a social enterprise which conducts CENTA Teaching Professionals' Olympiad 2017 (TPO 2017), an online test on 9th December 2017 in two centres in Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam in A.P, Hyderabad and Secunderabad in Telangana, Chennai in T.N and Bangalore in Karnataka.
Date: December 9th, 2017 (Saturday)
Locations: Test centres in 28 cities across India
+ 1 International centre : Dubai
* Both in-station and out-station participants need to take care of their own travel and other arrangements and expenses.
Time Slots for TPO:
9 AM to 11 AM
12 Noon to 2 PM
3 PM to 5 PM
Time Slots for TPO Challenger:
3 PM to 5 PM + 5:15 PM to 6:45 PM
* However, some of the Subject Tracks may not be available in all the time slots (details in the registration form).
TPO (India) - INR 450 (including GST)
TPO Challenger (India) - INR 950 (including GST)
The details of the test CENTA are given below.
1. TPO is an objective, multiple choice and computer-based test to be completed in 2 hours. Subject Knowledge, Classroom Management and Logical Abilities and Communication are the three main sections of the test., This year teachers can take the Olympiad in Telugu (Primary level only) as well as in English mediums (Primary, U.P and Secondary levels). Telugu primary mixture of subjects is added to the competition specially to encourage participation of teachers from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
2. Results of TPO 2017 will be announced in January 2018. Each participant will receive a detailed confidential performance report which will be accessible only to the participant with a personal user ID and password. Individual reports will not be shared with the school or the education department.
3. Top 500 national rank holders, 14 subject-wise rank holders, Regional rank holders as well as winners from Government schools and regional languages (Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi) will get following rewards.
1. 2 winners in Middle School English Challenger track will get sponsored for a 2-week training in at Oxford University, England.
2. First 4 national rank holders will get a cash prize of INR 1 Lakh each.
3. First 14 Subject-wise winners will get invitation and sponsorship to attend Global Skills and Education Forum to be organized at Dubai.
4. 40 winners will get a chance to co-author a book on teaching practices
5. First 3 rank holders in regional languages will get a Tablet computer
6. Schools with highest number of winners will get Dell Desktop computer
7. 15 regional winners will get featured in The Hindu.
Formats, Subjects, Syllabus
- Two-hour, multiple choice test, no negative marking.
- Competencies tested are based on the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) Standards.
- Computer-based, but the interface is very simple and does not require knowledge of computers!
- Three sections, no section-wise time limit, questions can be attempted in any order.
|Section||Marks||Number of questions|
|Subject Expertise (including teaching methods) (Specific to your subject track)||40||25|
|Classroom Practice and Professional Competencies (Common for all subject tracks)||40||25|
|Logical Ability and Communication (Common for all subject tracks)||20||14|
- The first section differs based on the subject chosen.
- 3 subject options in TPO 2017
- Middle School English
- Middle School Maths
- Middle School Science
* Please note that the subject(s) you choose for TPO may or may not be your current subject; it is entirely your choice.
TPO Challenger is an additional option available in Middle school Maths, Science and English. Candidates will take the main two hour test and an additional section for 1.5 hours after a short break. For more details on TPO Challenger given below.
What is Challenger and in which subject track is it being offered?
- An in-depth test of subject expertise and is meant for teachers who have deep interest in their subject.
- TPO Challenger is being offered in three subject tracks:
- Middle School English Challenger
- Middle School Mathematics Challenger
- Middle School Science Challenger
For how long is the Challenger?
TPO Challenger is a 3 hour 30 minutes test-
|1:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. GST||Same test as the regular TPO in the chosen subject track|
|3:30 P.M. to 3:45 P.M. GST||Break|
|3:45 P.M. to 5:15 P.M. GST||In-depth test for Challenger participants|
PLEASE DO NOT register for both the main TPO and the Challenger in the SAME subject, since the main TPO is automatically included in the Challenger.
To register for TPO Challenger, in the ‘Test details’ part of the registration form, select ‘Middle School Maths Challenger’ or ' Middle School English Challenger' or ‘Middle School Science Challenger’ as your test track.
Ranks and Prizes
Ranks to be declared
|National Ranks||1 to 500|
|Subject Ranks||1 to 50 per subject track|
|Regional Ranks||1 to 50 per region|
|City Ranks (only for cities with large participation)||1 to 10 per city|
|TPO Challenger||1 to 50 per challenger track|
* All ranks are subject to meeting a certain cut-off score
** Place of residence (NOT test centre) will be used for Regional and City ranks.
|What are the prizes?||Who all get them?|
|Certificates and Career Opportunities||
|100+ Cash Awards||Cash Awards to be won
Rank 2&3: INR 50,000
Rank 4 to 10: INR 10,000
Rank 11 to 50: INR 5,000
Rank 2&3: INR 50,000
Rank 4 to 10: INR 10,000
Next 20 winners INR 5,000
|National Recognition in The Hindu||Profiles of 25 Regional Rank holders to be published in the The Hindu group of publications
50 National Rank holders to receive a one-year free subscription to The Hindu newspaper
|International Conference Sponsorship, Dubai||17 winners to attend Global Education & Skills Forum, by Varkey Foundation in Dubai, with airfare and accommodation sponsored.
|Co-author a Book facilitated by Central Square Foundation||38 winners to co-author a book
|Sponsored two-week International Program at Oxford University||2 English Challenger Track Winners to attend Oxford English Language Teachers' Academy Masterclass at Oxford University|
|Training Sponsorship by Oxford University Press||16 English Challenger Track Winners
|Tablets||9 Regional Language Subject Track Winners (Ranks 1,2,3 in each of Hindi, Tamil and Telugu) to receive an Electronic Tablet|
|Dell PCs for Schools and B.Ed. Colleges||Top 5 schools and Top 5 B.Ed. colleges with the highest number of rank holders to get a Dell PC each|
Participation in this competition is completely voluntary. There is no compulsion from the Education Department or from the School to participate in this competition. Teachers are encouraged to visit www.tpo-india.org to register before 31st October 2017. Registration fees per participant is Rs. 450-00. (Rupees four hundred and fifty only).You can contact +917349662401 (Whatsapp) for more details about the
competition and for queries.
In view of the above, you are requested to communicate this information to the
H.Ms/Principals of ZP/Govt./Municipal/KGBV/APSWRIES /APTWRIES/APMS/Pvt. Aided or Unaided Schools and to all Primary School Teachers through MEOs and encourage their extensive participation and empower their professional skills.