GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (Services-A) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 114 Dated: 21-08-2017
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.59, G.A(Ser.A) Dept., dt: 05.02.1993.
2. G.O.Ms.No.166, G.A(Ser.G) Dept., dt: 31.03.2005.
3. From A.P. Revenue Services Association Representation, Dt:24.12.2014.
4. From the A.P. Secretariat Association representation, Dated 17.03.2015.
5. From the JAC of Employees, Teachers, Workers and Pensioners, Andhra Pradesh representation dt 21.09.2016
In the G.O. first read above, orders were issued for payment of ex-gratia amount, only in cases of death in harness and where the family has no other earning member in the family and no suitable person for appointment under the scheme of Compassionate Appointment is
available. The children should be minors and the spouse or any other dependent does not avail Compassionate Appointment.
2. In the G.O. 2nd read above, orders were issued enhancing the Exgratia Namount to the distressed family of a deceased employee as indicated below:
1. Class IV employee - Rs.40,000/-
2. NGOs - Rs.60,000/-
3. Gazetted Officers - Rs.80,000/-
3. In the reference 3rd read above, the A.P. Revenue Service Association have represented that the quantum of Ex-gratia sanctioned in the reference 2nd read above are very meager amount at present rates and it is not sufficient to run the family with minor children or to repay the loans/debts etc., due to their family and also not sufficient even to repay the hospital charges if the deceased died while taking treatment in the hospital and requested to enhance the ex-gratia in lieu of compassionate
appointment to the dependent of deceased Government employees as the existing amount are very meager.
4. In the references 4th to 5th read above, the A.P. Secretariat Association and JAC of Employees, Teachers, Workers and Pensioners, Andhra Pradesh have also represented that in view of abnormal increase in cost of living the existing ex-gratia is not sufficient and requested to
enhance the Ex-gratia.
5. Government, after careful consideration decided to enhance the Ex Gratia to the distressed family of a deceased employee as indicated below:
1. Class IV employee - Rs.5,00,000/-
2. NGOs - Rs.8,00,000/-
3. Gazetted Officers - Rs.10,00,000/-
6. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (HR.V) Department vide their U.O. Note No.34021/114/2016, dt: 20.04.2017.