Six week AP School Readiness programme from 01.09.2021 to 08.10.2021
Memo.No.151/A&I/2021 Dated: 08/09/2021
School Education - COVID-19 pandemic - Academic year 2021-22 - Certain instructions issued - Regarding.
1) Covid Response Action Plan Dt-04-05-2021.
2) Order No.40-3/2020-DM-1(A), Dated:28.07.2021 of the Union Home Secretary, Chairman, NEC, Gol, New Delhi,
3) G.O.Rt.No.429, Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department. Dated:09.08.2021
4) Govt Memo No.ESE01-SEDNOCSE/784/2021-Prog , Dt 14.08.2021 from the School Education (Prog.) Dept., GOAP
5) This office Memo.No.151/A51/2021, Dated:14.08.2021.
6) This office Memo.ESE02/631/2021-SCERT, Dated:21.08.2021.
7) Observations during field visits by Director of School Education dt 2308 2021 , 208 2021
8) This office Memo.ESE02/631/2021-SCERT, Dated:01.09.2021.
9) Govt Memo.No.ESE01-SEDNOCSE/784/2021-Prog., Dt:03.09.2021 from the School Education (Prog.II) Dept., GOAP.
The attention of all Regional Joint Directors School Education and DistrictEducational Officers in the State are invited to the ref 9th cited (copy enclosed) and informed that, the Government have issued the following instructions:
a. School Readiness: All Headmasters and Teachers will be instructed to ensure a six week School Readiness programme (01.09.2021 to 08.10.2021) for seamless transitions of students from their previous knowledge to current class specific knowledge
b. For this programme, all teachers may be instructed to analyze the standards of their students based on the baseline test conducted before re opening of schools
c. All teachers may be instructed to utilize the workbooks supplied to all schools through DCEB concerned and to ensure the required competencies so as to study the present class.
d. Child Friendly Environment in schools- It is aware that schools are being transformed as child friendly hubs under Manabadi; Nadu-Nedu. As students are being admitted from various schools including Private Schools, all headmasters/teachers will be instructed to create/ensure the child friendly environment in schools duly aware them about the infrastructure facilities and to facilitate with activities that help to mingle with each other.
e. Mainstreaming of Out of School Children (OoSC): All headmasters and teachers will be instructed to identify the Out of School/migrant children and ensure that, they are enrolled in any regular /alternative schools in their appropriate class.
Keeping in view of school readiness programme, in ref 8th cited, the Director, SCERT has already revised the Academic Calendar 2021-22 for 27 weeks instead of 31 weeks assuming that 30.04.2022 is the last working day for the Academic year 2021-22 duly reducing 15% syllabus in respect of classes 3 to 9 and 20% in respect of class 10.
In view of the above, all Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State are requested to take necessary action as per the above instructions/guidelines and strictly ensure the Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) given by the Gol/State Government are followed. Further, if any COVID positive cases are reported, the same may be brought to the notice of District Administration under intimation to this office and remedies are to be ensured.
Encl: As above.