AP Parents Committee PC Formation Guidelines 2021 - PCs in AP Primary, UP High Schools 2021 PC / SMC Committees Elections 2021 - Schedule Released
Conducting SMC Committee Election in All Schools in AP Detailed Schedule Memo No. 110/2020 dated: 31.08.2021
Samagra Shiksha – Reconstitution of Parent Committees - Guidelines issued Memo. No. SSA-16021/1/2019-MIS SEC-SSA, Dt: 04/09/2021
Conduct of Elections to form Parent Monitoring Committee 2021 (School Management Committees) Complete Guidelines, Latest schedule, SMC Voter List Proforma, Guidelines in Power Point Presentation, SMC Election Invitation for PS, UPS, HS, Notice to Conduct SMC Election, Model Minutes of meeting and Pledge for Elected Members
SE-APSS - Proposal for conducting elections for reconstitution of Parents Committees - Accorded - Reg.
Ref: From DSE & SPD, APSS, File No:SSA-16021/1/2019-MIS SEC-SSA, Computer No:970110, dt.26.8.2021.
In the circumstances reported by the Director of School Education, AP and me State Project Director, APSS in the reference cited, Government after carefu Examination of the matter, hereby accord permission to the State Projec Director, APSS, to conduct elections to reconstitute the Parents Committees the State, as per schedule below:
The State Project Director, APSS, is therefore, requested to take furt necessary action accordingly, in the matter.
Memo.No. SSA-16021/1/2019-MIS SEC-SSA, Dt: 04/09/2021
Sub:- Samagra Shiksha – Reconstitution of Parent Committees - Guidelines issued Reg.
1 Memo.No.ESE01-SEDN0SPD/110/2019-PROG-II-5, Dt:31.08.2021.
2. Guidelines for reconstitution of parent committees
The attention of the District Education ofcers and Additional Project Coordinators of Samagra Shiksha in the state are invited to the reference 1st cited and it is informed that Government have issued schedule for reconstitution of the parent committees in the state as the tenure of the present parent committees will be completed by 22.09.2021.
It is instructed to issue necessary instructions to all the DYEOs, MEOs and concerned school Headmasters to follow the schedule and guidelines issued in the ref 1st & 2nd cited.
Therefore all the District Education officers and Additional Project Coordinators of Samagra Shiksha in the state are instructed to follow the schedule in the ref 1st cited without any deviation.
This should be treated as most urgent.
Guidelines for Reconstitution of Parents Committees (PCs) in the schools other than Private unaided schools in the State
PC Election Guidelines 2021:
- The Parents Committee (PC) shall be constituted in every school other than Private unaided schools, within its jurisdiction. The Head Teacher shall reconstitute the committee.
- At least 50% of the parents/guardians should be present for conducting the elections.
- The Head Master will decide the time limit for formation of quorum.
- Elections shall ordinarily be by show of hands or voice vote. In extraordinary situations of unresolved contention, secret ballot procedure may be adopted. Only one of the parents shall be eligible to vote for election of parent/ guardian representative to the PC.
- Parents / guardians having children in different classes shall be eligible to participate in the election process of each class.
- The Parents Committee shall elect the Chairperson and the Vice Chairperson from among its elected members preferably parent members. Provided that at least one of them should be a parent of a child from the disadvantaged group or the weaker sections. Provided further that at least one of them should be woman.
- The members representing the local bodies and the head teacher or the in-charge head teacher shall not be eligible for participating in election or they will not have any voting right.
- Electors of respective classes shall elect new parent/guardian members of PC from entry class and also to fill in any casual vacancy.
- The Parents Committee once constituted shall exist perpetually until its abolition or merger, to be authorized by the Mandal Education Officer in case of Primary Schools. Upper Primary Schools and the District Educational Officer in case of other schools.
- However members will retire as per their terms. The resultant cyclical and casual vacancies shall be filled within reasonable time as prescribed by the Implementation Authority
- The Implementing Authority' means the State Project Director, Samagra Shiksha and it includes the Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh..
- Neighborhood area of a school' means the habitations in a safe walking distance of 1 km for a Primary School, 3 kms for an Upper Primary / High School having classes. 'Child belonging to socially disadvantaged group' means and includes a child belonging to the schedule caste, schedule tribe, orphans, Migrant and Street children, Children with Special Needs (CwSN) and HIV affected/infected children.
- Child belonging to Weaker Sections' means a child belonging to BC, Minorities and includes OCs whose parents' income does not exceed as prescribed by the Government.
- There should not be any political interference. Legal action will be taken in case of interruption in the reconstitution process.
- Tahsildar, Mandal Parishad Development Officer (MPDO), Village Secretary or Village Revenue Officer (VRO), Village Revenue Assistant (VRA) may e involved. in the election process as observers.
- Order of preference for voting is Mother, Father, Guardian. However, voting can be given to only one of them.
- Every voter should bring their ID card issued for this purpose by the concerned authority or any other valid ID such as Ration card, Adhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID or any other ID card issued by the Government.
- In case of unavailability of parent members belongs to 'disadvantaged' or 'weaker sections' then it can be filled as per the existing rule of reservation.
The composition of the Committee will be as follows:
Elected members: Three parents / guardians elected by parents / guardians of children in each class, of whom at least one person is parent/ guardian of a child from the disadvantaged group and another person is a parent/guardian of a child belonging to weaker sections, and two are women. Provided that, in case, the number of children in a class is less than 6, the same shall be combined with the next lower or higher class, such that the number of electors in the combined class is 6 or more.
The term of an elected member will be for two years, or the date of leaving-from-the school of the member's child/ward, whichever is earlier.
New parent/guardian members from entry class will be inducted into the PC to replace those parent members who will move out of the PC when their children leave school. .
1. The Head Teacher or the in charge Head Teacher of the school shall be the Member Convener;
2. Additional Teacher Member nominated by the MEO preferably from the gender opposite to that of the Head Teacher;
3. The concerned Corporator / Councilor / Ward Member, as the case may be;
4. The Anganwadi Worker(s) serving the neighborhood area of the school;
5. The Multipurpose Health Worker - Female (ANM) serving the neighborhood area of the school;
6. The President of Mahila Samakhya of the concerned village/ward.
Coopted members: Two school supporters from among persons who is an eminent educationist, a philanthropist, office bearer of a voluntary organization, an alumni or such other supporter of the school; coopted by the elected members of the PC.
The term of coopeted members shall be two years from the date of first meeting following the date of cooption.
Local-Authority-Chairperson: The concerned Sarpanch/Municipal Chairperson/ Mayor may attend any meeting of Parent Monitoring Committee in their respective areas, at his/her discretion.
New admissions: The parent/guardian of the child who is enrolled on or after publication of reconstitution notice by the concerned school is not eligible to participate in the election.
Chairperson: Guardian cannot be elected as chairman in case any of the parent . members of the child is alive. The HM concerned will be held responsible in such cases, if any.
Parents in neighboring states: The parents belong to neighbouring states such as Orissa where as the students are studying in the schools of our state are also eligible to participate in Parent Committee election as per the norms. .
Quorum: Class Wise election will take place and the quorum is to be observed class wiseonly.
Financial assistance: The expenditure for the parents committee reconstitution to be met from composite school grants of the respective schools.
Convener: The elections will be conducted by the concerned head master or In-charge teacher where there is no head teacher. In GPS schools CRTS working on contract basis as head of the school may act as conveners.
No outsider to be allowed: At any cost persons other than parents shall not participate in the election nor they should be allowed in the premises at the time of election. If required, police support may also be requisitioned with the approval of the district collector and district magistrate.
Uploading of data: In case of weak signal, the data with regard to Parents Committee election and meeting to be uploaded in the network area by the Supporting functionaries.
There should not be any deviations from the guidelines regarding the Parent Committee election.
Note: The guidelines are prepared as per the Andhra Pradesh Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Rules 2010 and GO Ms. No. 41 dated 19.03.2013 - Download
All the stakeholders are hereby directed to strictly follow Covid-19 safety precautions and measures during this entire process.