National level-Rural IT Quiz 2021 to the students by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Rc.No. ESE02/560/2021-SCERT #Approveddate#
Sub: School Education - National level-Rural IT Quiz 2021 programme to the students - conducted by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) & Government of Karnataka - Orders - Issued - Reg.
Ref: 1. E-mail from Smt.Shoba Murthy, General Manager,TCS has sent mail to Peshi of this officedt.02.07.2021 regarding conducting of Rural IT Quiz 2021. 2. Demo report related to Rural IT Quiz
All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational Officers in the state is invited to the references read above and they are informed that, in the reference 1st read above, the Tata Consultancy Services has intended to conduct Rural IT Quiz -2021 aimed at educating young students (8 – 12 standard) in the state and the programme leads the students to get the value mental agility, out-of-the box thinking and builds the confidence among the youth as they grow into responsible citizens who will steer the nation to greater heights in the years ahead.
To encourage the schools in our State to participate on a large scale, as there are prizes to be won both at the State level and National level. The programme will be conducted from August to November 2021 through Online tests and Virtual quiz shows.
Finalists from all eight States will participate in the virtual National finals, scheduled during November 2021 at Bangalore. National winners, Runner-up and all finalists will be given higher prizes. The details of the competition is appended to these proceedings.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to give wide publicity on the quiz and ensure huge number of students to attend/participate the quiz program.
If any query in this regard please contact Sri Ch.V.S.Ramesh Kumar,Lecturer,Scert,AP in 7993345678.
ENTRY AND ELIGIBILITY:
✓ There is NO entry or registration fee.
✓ Students from 8th to 12th Std. studying in schools outside city corporation limits are eligible to participate.
✓ Only 4 Best Students per school will be allowed to participate.
✓ A maximum of 500 students to be selected from the State for the State Finals.
ABOUT THE QUIZ
Round 1: School Level
- The School will select 4 Best Students by using the enclosed Model Question Paper. The test should be written individually (single participant).
- Answers to the model question paper have also been provided to facilitate correction after the test. Question No. 16 – 20 are tie-breaker questions. The students answering these questions to be given preference while selecting the 4 Best Students. In the event of same scores, the school can decide the 4 Best Students.
- The school should send following details of the selected 4 students to the Event Coordinator of the program. Names of the students, student’s Email ID, Cellphone no., Age, Gender(Male/Female), Standard(Class), School name, District name, Teachers cell no. and Email ID.
Round 2: State Finals
- The selected students will take part in the State Level Online Test. Details will be shared by the Quiz Coordinator.
- Computer/Laptop for selected students should preferably be made available either at School/College or District Education Centre for purpose of Online Test. Alternately, students can also take the test on their personal device/ smart phone. Please ensure good internet connection and back-up generator in case of power failure, to be made available to the students.
- Top Six students from the Online Test will be selected to participate in the State Level Quiz Finals which will be conducted by the Quizmaster in virtual format.
- Date and Time of State Finals will be informed by the Quiz Coordinator.
Round 3: National Finals
- The State Winners from Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka will participate in the Virtual National Final to be held as part of Bengaluru Tech Summit during November, 2021.
- The winner will emerge as the National Rural IT Quiz Champion.
✓ The quiz will mainly focus on application of Technology across various sectors and aspects such as: the technology environment, the business, its people, new trends, legends, etc.
✓ Areas where IT has made an impact - education, entertainment, books, multimedia, music, movies, internet, banking, advertising, sports, gaming, social networking and world of mobiles.
✓ World of internet, and unique websites, IT buzzwords and acronyms.
✓ Personalia - International, national and communications companies( eg: Microsoft, TCS, IBM, Dell, Lenovo, Google, Amazon, Apple, etc)
✓ Software products, history of IT, companies and brands. Also emerging areas such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, telecom, biometrics and robotics.
✓ Students are advised to browse IT company’s websites eg: www.tcs.com, etc.
- ✓ There will be attractive prizes for all finalists at the State level and National level,. State Winner – Gift Vouchers of Rs 10,000/- & Runner-up Rs 7000/. National Winner – Rs 1,00,000/- & Runner-up Rs 50,000/-.
- ✓ In addition, all participants at the Regional level will receive certificates. Teachers guiding students at State Finals will also receive certificates.
RULES OF THE GAME:
✓ At the State Finals, the Top Six students will participate in the virtual State Finals Quiz program in their school uniform. They should carry their school ID card if possible and participate either in School/College, District Education Centre or from home with good internet connectivity.
✓ Please ensure good internet connection and generator power back-up in case of power failure, to be made available to the students.
✓ Quizmasters Team will share all instructions before the virtual State Finals quiz program.
✓ The State Finals and National Finals will be conducted under infinite system (bouncing rounds) and will comprise oral questions, audio, visual, connect and rapid-fire rounds. The scoring system will be explained by the Quizmaster before each round.
✓ Ties, if any, will be suitably resolved. The Quizmaster’s verdict will be final.
✓ Scores will be displayed and winners announced at the end of the quiz.
✓ Respective schools/colleges will be responsible for the discipline and safety of the participating students. In no event will TCS be responsible or liable for any consequential damages whatsoever relating to organizing and conducting the quiz or any matters related thereto. TCS reserves the right to change or cancel the quiz, or date without notice.