School Education - Guidelines for conducting Andhra Pradesh State Teacher Eligibility Test (AP-TET) under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 - Orders - Issued.
G.O.MS.No. 23 Dated: 17-03-2021
Read the following:-
1. RTE Act-2009 of Ministry of Law and Justice, Govt. of India, dt.27.08.2009.
2. NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.23.8.2010.
3. NCTE, Guidelines for conduct of TET communicated vide Lr.No.76- 4/2010/Acad,dt.11.2.2011.
4. NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.29.7.2011.
5. NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.16.12.2014
6. G.O.Ms. No.25 School Education (Exams) Dept, dt:25.04.2018.
7. G.O.Ms. No.27 School Education (Exams) Dept, dt:31.05.2018
8. NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.28.06.2018.
9. G.O.Ms. No.66 School Education (Exams) Dept, dt:09.10.2018.
10. NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.13.11.2019.
11. From the Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh Lr.Rc.No.ESE02-35/3/2019-TET-CSE, Dt.02.12.2020 and 07.03.2021.
The Director of School Education, A.P. in his letter 11th read above, has furnished the proposals for issuing guidelines to conduct A.P. State Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET).
2. In the circumstances stated by the Director of School Education, A.P. in his letter 11th read above, Government after careful examination of the proposals of D.S.E,A.P hereby issue the following Guidelines/ Instructions for conducting Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) as Computer Based Test (CBT), in super session of the guidelines issued in the G.Os 6th, 7th and 9th read above.
3. The following guidelines shall be followed for conducting APTET:-
I . ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES FOR APPEARING AP-TET:
The candidates at the time of applying for AP-TET should be in possession of the following minimum qualifications prescribed for category of I to V classes (Paper- I) and VI to VIII classes (Paper - II) separately.
(a) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR AP - TET PAPER – I A (CLASSES I TO V) (REGULAR SCHOOLS):
i) Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent)/ Graduation / Post Graduation with at least 50% marks. However in case of SC/ST/BC/Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. and pass in 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
ii) Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks. In respect of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. and pass in 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education(B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/ Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) in case of the candidates, who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course prior to NCTE Gazette Notification, dated:23.08.2010.
Note:- Minimum percentage of marks in Graduation shall not be applicable to those incumbents who has already taken admission to the Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Elementary Education or equivalent course prior to the 29th July, 2011.
The qualifying marks for different categories are as shown below:
1. General 60% and above
2. BC 50% and above
3. SC / ST / Differently abled & Ex-
4. Servicemen 40% and above