Memo.No.ESE02-17/207/2020-PS1 -CSE Date:01/09/2020
School Education - Aided - Complaints regarding the stoppage of Salaries to the teachers working in Private Schools in the state and retrenching their services - Instructions - Issued.
1. Certain complaints received from the public.
2. Complaint dt:18.05.2020, of PTLU (YSRCP Group).
3. Complaint dt:21.05.2020 of the Teachers Union.
4. Memo.No.ESE02-17/207/2020-PS-1-CSE, dt:15.04.2020, 02.06.2020.
The attention of Regional Joint Director of School Education and District Educational Officers in the state is invited to the reference 4th read above in which they are informed to issue necessary instructions to the managements of Private Unaided Schools under their respective jurisdiction that all the employees shall be paid their monthly salaries on the due date without any deductions for the period as their institutions, were under closure during lock down. 2. In spite of specific instructions issued in this regard, still complaints are being received from the staff working in the Private Unaided schools for not being paid their salaries and that they are being retrenched from service without assigning any reasons. They have requested Director, School Education to intervene and guide the managements of private unaided educational Institutions to adhere to the statutory provisions in this regard.
In view of the circumstances explained above, the attention of the Regional Joint Directors and District Educational Officers in the state is drawn to the following sections under AP Education Act, 1982.
1. Section 79: No Private teacher should be removed from the school without following the guidelines as per Section 79 of AP Education Act, 1982.
2. Section 83: If they desire so, they must adhere to Section 83 of AP Education Act, 1982.
3. Section 84: Pay and allowances of employees of private institutions to be paid as per Section 84 of AP 198, Education Act,
4. Section 84 A: If they fail to implement above 1-3, the concerned managements will be punished as per Section 84A of AP Education Act, 1982.
In spite of law being so specific and clear so far, no District Education Officer or Regional Joint Director has taken any action to redress the grievance of the teachers that have not been paid salaries for months together in the recent months.
Hence all the District Education Officers and Regional Joint Directors of School Education are requested to issue show cause notice to the private unaided managements who are not paying salaries to their staff for the last few months and those managements that have retrenched their staff without following due procedure.Download Memo