G.O.MS.No. 79 Dated: 04-11-2019 School Education Department - NAVARATNALU – JAGANANNA AMMA VODI PROGRAMME - Financial assistance of Rs.15,000/- per annum to each mother or recognized guardian who is below poverty line household and sending their children to schools /colleges i.e., from Classes I to XII (Intermediate Education) - Implementation of the programme from the academic year 2019-2020 - Orders - Issued.
Guidelines for implementation of “JAGANANNA AMMA VODI” programme are as follows:-
1. The beneficiary i.e., Mother/Guardian is eligible for Rs.15,000/- per annum irrespective of number of children of that family studying from class I to XII.
2. The Mother of the child should be from household that is below the poverty line as per the norms prescribed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
3. The Family should be in possession of a White Ration Card issued by the Government. Family is defined as Father, Mother and dependent children.
4. The beneficiary/Mother shall possess valid Aadhar card or having applied & verified.
5. To the extent possible the Aadhar card details of children studying between Classes I to XII be made available. The Aadhar details shall be collected only with the consent of beneficiary.
6. In case of the demise or absence of the Mother, the quantum of Rs.15,000/- shall be paid to the natural Guardian of the child.
7. The valid ration card data base shall be subjected to the 6 step validation.
8. The Children of the beneficiary should be studying in Classes I to XII in Government/ Private Aided/Private Un Aided Schools/ Junior Colleges recognized by the Government of Andhra Pradesh including Residential Schools/Jr.Colleges.
9. For orphans/ street children, who are admitted in schools through voluntary organization, this benefit will be extended in consultation with Department concerned.
10. The mother/beneficiary shall ensure at least 75% attendance of the children.
11. If the child/children discontinue their studies in the middle of the academic year, they will not be eligible for the benefit for that academic year. However all efforts shall be made to bring back that child to the school.
12. The students studying in the eligible institutions in Classes I to XII shall be taken as a single cohort for identifying the beneficiary mothers for grant of incentive under the scheme.
13. State/Central Government and PSU Employees, Government employee pensioners (including PSU, Central Govt etc), Income tax payers are not eligible for claiming financial assistance under this scheme.
Mode of Payment:
1. Every beneficiary /Mother should have Savings Bank Account in any Nationalized Bank or Post Office in the vicinity of the Village.
2. The amount of Rs.15,000/- shall be transferred to the beneficiary’s unencumbered Bank Account in the month of January every year through online till the child continues his/her Education upto Class XII.
3. The financial assistance shall not be continued to the Child beyond completion of Class XII.
1. A separate web site for the programme shall be created for this purpose and linked to the Commissioner School Education Web Portal.
2. Data submitted by the heads of institutions with regard to student enrolment as per the given proforma consisting of Name, age, parent name, Caste (General, SC, ST, BCs, Minority), Disabled Children, etc. shall be the single source of data based on which the financial assistance will be released under “JAGANANNA AMMA VODI” programme after due validation and after cross validations with
Childinfo/UDISE data and other data of Civil Supplies and other departments.
3. The immediate inspecting officer of that institution should certify those details for payment.
4. Thereafter the concerned District Educational Officers /District Vocational Educational Officer/Regional Educational Officer, Intermediate Education should release financial assistance to the savings bank account of the beneficiaries through online duly following the TSP/ SCSP components.
5. The Gram Volunteer shall be focal point for authenticating the data.
The Gram Volunteer will be participating as mentioned below:
• Based on the validated data, mothers of the respective area will be tagged to the Gram Volunteer concerned.
• The data of mothers shall be transferred in hard/digital forms in a prescribed format to the respective Gram Volunteer.
• The Gram Volunteer will collect the required data in the format in coordination with the School Complex HMs and submit the same to the respective MEOs for authentication.
• The Gram Volunteers collect the data of father/Guardian in the absence of mother and submits to MEO for entry.
6. Any fraudulent use of JAGANANNA AMMA VODI Programme by the schools / inspecting officers, DEOs/ District Vocational Educational Officer/Regional Educational Officer, Intermediate Education and beneficiary mother, will be viewed seriously.
7. The District Educational Officers /District Vocational Educational Officer/Regional Educational Officer, Intermediate Education should submit reports to the District Collector concerned.
8. The Departments of Information Technology & Communications and Real Time Governance and Civil Supplies shall provide all technical assistance for development of software application, collation/ validation of data from the concerned internal offices and schools for the effective implementation of the JAGANANNA AMMA VODI Programme.
9. All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and Intermediate Education shall submit periodical reports to the Commissioner of School Education/Commissioner of Intermediate Education from time to time.
10. The beneficiary list shall be displayed in the village/ward secretariat for social audit.