School Education – Examination reforms – Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation pattern of examination system – Modifications in SSC Public Examinations w.e.f March 2020 and onwards – Orders – Issued.
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.II) DEPARTMENT G.O.MS.No. 69 Dated:15-10-2019 Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.82, School Education (Prog.II) Dept., dated 29.10.2015.
2. G.O.Ms.No.41, School Education (Prog.II) Dept., dated 07.06.2016.
3. G.O.Ms.No.80, School Education (Prog.II) Dept., dated 25.10.2017.
4. G.O.Ms.No.62, School Education (Prog.II) Dept., dated 18.09.2018.
5. G.O.Ms.No.41, School Education (Prog.II) Dept., dated 28.06.2019.
6. From the CSE, AP, e-File No.ESE0221021/107/2019-SCERT, dt.19.9.2019.
After careful examination of the proposal from the Commissioner of School Education, AP, Amaravathi in the reference 6th read above, and keeping in view the recommendations of National Curriculum framework-2005, interventions of Draft New Education Policy 2019 and recommendations of core group constituted by the Commissioner of School Education for Examination reforms and in consonance with the Government’s policy on reforms in SSC Public Examinations in the reference 5th read above, the following orders are issued with immediate effect.
2. The orders issued in the reference 1st read above will be continued with respect to other examination reforms except SSC Public Examinations. The orders issued by the Government and in furtherance of orders issued by the Commissioner of School Education in earlier instances in respect of conduct of SSC Public Examinations are hereby annulled.
3. The following examination reforms for SSC Public Examinations will come in to force w.e.f SSC Public Examinations, March 2020 and onwards.
The Blue Print:
To ensure quality in assessments, the Blue Print is modified with a shift from assessing rote learning to conceptual understanding and higher order thinking skills of the students viz., Critical, Creative,Logical, and Analytical thinking through appropriate assessment tools.
Question paper contains 4 sections:
1. Objective type (Answer should be in one word / Phrase, No choice)
2. Very Short answer Type ( Answer should be in One or Two sentences, No choice)
3. Short answer (Answer in Two to four sentences, No choice)
4. Essay Type (Answer in Eight to Ten sentences, Internal choice)
150 (2Hr &30Min) Director of Government Examinations shall make arrangements to supply 24 page ruled/dotted single answer booklet to the students for writing the examinations. The Commissioner, Printing, Stationery & Stores Purchase Department, AP shall meet the expenditure for this purpose. (iii) (iv) (v)
Duration of the Examination:
1. It shall be 2.45 hrs, including Reading of Question Paper – 15 min, writing of Answers – 2.30 hrs 2. OSSC Main Language/First Language Composite Course – 3.15 hrs. 3. Second Language – 3.00 hrs.
Development of Confidential Material:
1. The current practice of DEOs/District Common Examination Boards contributing to frame Question Papers for Class-X Examinations is hereby discontinued.
2. The Director, SCERT shall be entrusted with the responsibility development of question papers for SSC Public Examinations for class-X duly engaging the Assessment Cell and coordinating with the Director, Government Examinations. The Commissioner of School Education shall define and delineate the roles of SCERT and DGE to bring in alignment to improve quality and maintaining confidentiality in this aspect.
Paper wise Grades in Marks Memorandum:
In addition to the existing mention of subject-wise grades, paper-wise grades secured by the students are to be mentioned in the SSC marks memorandum.
The Director, Government Examinations shall take steps for modifying the SSC Marks Memorandum to indicate the paper-wise grades, subjectwise grades secured by the students.
4. The Director, SCERT shall take necessary steps in ensuring dissemination of the Blue Print and should be ready for further clarifications if necessary.
5. The Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, the Director, SCERT, AP and the Director, Government Examinations, AP shall take further necessary action in the matter accordingly.