GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH ABSTRACT
Social Welfare Department – SC Component – Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Study Circle Establishment of (8) Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Study Circle Branches in the State for providing guidance for the various competitive examinations to the SC students/youth – In principal sanction – Accorded - Orders– Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE (EDN) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 85 Dated: 13-06-2019
Read the following:
- G.O.Ms.No.66, SW(Edn.1) Department , Dated:31-05-2014
- G.O.Ms.No.101, SW(Edn.1) Department , Dated:21-10-2016
- G.O.Ms.No.53, SW(Edn.1) Department , Dated:15-02-2019
- G.O.Ms.No.54, SW(Edn.1) Department , Dated:15-02-2019
- G.O.Ms.No.84 SW (Edn ) Department, Dated:07.06.2019
- From the DSW, AP Lr.No.SWD/APSC/407/2019, dt:14-02-2019
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has enacted the SCSP/TSP (Planning, Allocation and Utilization of Financial Resources) Act (Act 1 of 2013), which came into effect from January 24th, 2013. The purpose of SCSP/ TSP Act is to ensure the accelerated development of Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs), with special emphasis on achieving overall quality of life, duly focusing upon health & nutrition, education, livelihoods and other human development indices of the SCs.
- Under the SC Component, Government is giving utmost priority for the creation of institutions, along with concomitant infrastructure for providing guidance for competitive examination and other career opportunity for educated SC student’s youth.
- After the formation of Navya Andhra Pradesh, the A.P. Study Circle Main Branch at Hyderabad and the branch at Warangal were devolved to the State of Telangana and the A.P.Study Circle branches at Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Tirupati were devolved to State of Andhra Pradesh vide the reference 1st read above.
- In the reference 2nd read above, the Study Circles at Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Tirupati were named as Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Study Circles.
- In the reference 3rd & 4th read above, Government have issued orders for establishment of new Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Study Circle Branches at Guntur and at Eluru in West Godavari District for providing guidance for the various competitive examinations to educated SC student/youth.
- In the reference 6th read above, the Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravati has submitted a proposal to establish (8) Study Circles in the remaining Districts i.e Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, East Godavari, Prakasam, SPSR Nellore, Kurnool, YSR Kadapa, and Ananthapuramu, so that more number of SC students can benefit from the scheme, thereby improve the overall chances in getting employment.
- Government, after careful examination of the proposal, hereby accord “in principle” Administrative Sanction for establishment of (8) new Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Study Circle Branches in the Districts viz. (1) Srikakulam, (2) Vizianagaram, (3) East Godavari, (4) Prakasam, (5) SPSR Nellore, (6) YSR Kadapa, (7) Kurnool, and (8) Ananthapuramu, subject to approval of Nodal Agency of SC Component as well as the approval of State Council for Development of SCs & STs.
- The Director of Social Welfare, AP shall take necessary action accordingly.