GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
O/o the Director of Municipal Administration AP, Guntur.
Roc.No.11/2018/FC-A1 Dated: .22/04/2019
Sub: Municipal Administration Department –Implementation of GNANA DHARA in Municipal Schools and other Interventions during Summer Vacation –Circular instructions – Issued.
Ref: Go.Rt.No.542, MA&UD (D1) Department Dated: 22-05-2018.
All the Commissioners of 59 ULBs where Municipal Educational Institutions exist are hereby informed that the Hon’ble Chief Minister desired to improve the Educational standards of our schools and Andhra Pradesh should be among the top 3 performers in the Country in National Assessments of Students Learning Out comes by 2022.
Accordingly the Government – has designed a Remediation Programme called “GNANA DHARA” which is to be implemented during summer vacation 2019.
It is further informed that in consultation with the Consultants, State Academic Coordinators, ULB Coordinators and Certain teachers it is decided to implement “GNANA DHARA” programme in Municipal Schools in a modified and focussed way.
In the above circumstances, all the Commissioners are requested to implement the following Educational Activities in your ULB.
I. GNANA DHARA – X class: SMART
It’s a Day school Summer Remediation programme for the identified D1 & D2 students (Single Star) of present IX class. This will be organized in the ULB in the identified school.
II.GNANA DHARA – X class: SPARK
It’s a Day school Summer Reinforcement programme for the identified 3 Star students of present IX class. This will be organized in the ULB in the identified school.
5. Pre-Arrangements to be made for SMART & SPARK Programmes:
- Conduct HMs meeting to implement of GNANA DHARA SMART & SPARK Programmes
- Conduct SMC/Parents meeting at school level, to motivate to send their kids to GNANA DHARA Programme
- Identify One or 2 centres based on number of High Schools/Students.
- Identify the Best and Resourceful teachers to handle the subjects.
- Instruct the Head Master of the identified school to provide good class rooms, staff room and other minimum facilities like drinking water, Toilets etc. during implementation of SMART & SPARK Programmes.
- All the subject teachers identified for the centre will act as convenors and it’s a joint responsibility on them to run the programme successfully.
- Instruct the ULB Coordinators (High Schools) to chalk out a programme of action and Monitoring plan.
- If any student of present IX class opts to join in the Residential Remedial Teaching centre being organised by school Education department allow him/her to attend the summer camp.
- Advanced Foundation Course (AFC) 17 Advanced Foundation Course Centres which are functioning in the state will also be continued up to 31.05.2019. Earned leave will be sanctioned proportionately as per Rules to all the teachers working as Teaching Administrators and Regular teachers in the AFCs.
ENROLLMENT CAMPAIGN: 2019-20
The following activities are to be initiated at ULB level.
v. Plan for large number of admissions into Class I, Class VI/VIII in Municipal Schools. w.Awareness generation among Public on the strengths of Municipal Schools.
x. Organising SMC/Parents meeting before closure of schools for Summer vacation.
y. Door to Door campaigning by utilizing In-school students
z. Convergence with Woman & Child Welfare Department, MEPMA. aa.Enlisting the 5+ children in the School catchment area. ab.Ensuring that all the UKG students of our Pre-Schools will be admitted in to Class 1 in Municipal Primary/UP Schools. ac.Campaign will be conducted from 23.04.2019 to 12.06.2019 with Pamphlets, Broachers, Advertisements in print and electronic media. ad.“No Admission boards” to be kept in front of the Schools after reaching optimum number of Admissions in all classes. ae.At the same time no child should be denied from Admission as per RTE act 2009.
It’s further informed that the ULB coordinators High Schools shall monitor the GNANA DHARA programme and the ULB Coordinators Primary shall organise the Enrolment Campaign. As these ULB Coordinators and Subject teachers working in GNANA DHARA, AFC, and Enrolment drive programmes during Summer vacation, Earned Leave will be sanctioned proportionately as per Rules.
It is also informed to all the Commissioners of 59 ULBs and to all the RDMAs in the state that the services of the teachers who are on deputation as State Academic Coordinators, ULB Coordinators and AFC Staff members will be taken continuously during summer vacation and hence they need not join in their Parent School on 23.04.2019.
All the Commissioners are requested to issue necessary instructions to the concerned and make the programme successful.