FINANCE (HR.I – Plg. & Policy) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 25 Dated: 18-02-2019.
Read the following:
- G.O.Rt.No.3080, General Administration (Cabinet) Department, dt. 9.9.2014.
- G.O.Ms.No.17, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Department, dt. 31.01.2019
- Council of Ministers Resolution C.R. No. 201-18/2019, dt. 08.02.2019.
- Council of Ministers Resolution C.R. No. 201-19/2019, dt. 08.02.2019.
- Representation of Chairman, A.P. J.A.C., Amaravathi.
O R D E R:
In the Government Order 1st read above, the Government constituted a committee of Group of Ministers under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Minister for Finance to review the existing system of contractual employment and make necessary recommendations.
- With the recommendations of the Group of Ministers, orders have been issued vide reference 2nd cited for sanction of One hundred and eighty days (180) days of paid maternity leave to the married Women Contract and Outsourcing employees equivalent to the existing remuneration drawn by them.
- In the references 3rd and 4th cited, the Council of Ministers has resolved for sanction of Ex-gratia of Rs.5.00 lakhs for accidental deaths and Rs.2.00 lakhs for natural death to the Contractual and Outsourcing employees.
- After careful examination, the Government is hereby order for sanction of Ex-gratia of Rs.5.00 lakhs (Rupees five lakhs only) for accidental death and Rs.2.00 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs only) for natural death to the legal heir of the deceased Contract and Outsourcing employees, who die in harness, while in service.
- In order to operationalize the Ex-gratia scheme, the following guidelines are to be adhered scrupulously:
(1) The application seeking Ex-gratia shall be submitted by the Legal heir of the concerned deceased Contract and Outsourcing employees with in a period of three (3) month from the date of demise to the unit/head of the office concerned.
- (2) After receipt of the application for sanction of Ex-gratia from the Legal heir, the Administrative Officer/Drawing and Disbursing Officer concerned has to conduct personal enquiry in the matter within fifteen (15) days and confirm the death.
- (3) The A.O./D.D.O., after thorough enquiry shall submit report to the unit/head of the office, confirming the death and recommends for sanction of Ex-gratia.
- (4) After receipt of the enquiry report, the Unit/Head of the Officer may sanction the Ex-gratia of Rs.5.00 lakhs in cases of accidental death and Rs.2.00 lakhs in case of natural death, as the case may be.
- All the departments are requested to take further necessary action in the matter accordingly.
- Download G.O copy