PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER OF SCHOOL EDUCATION ANDHRA PRADESH : AMARAVATI PRESENT: K.Sandhya Rani, I.Po.S
Rc.No.222/MDM/2018, Dated: -10-2018
Sub: School Education – Supply of Red Gram Dal and Oil to the schools under the scheme “Mid-Day Meal” through – Necessary guidelines issued – Regarding.
Ref: 1. Govt. Memo No.543393/Prog.I/A1/2017, date:06-10-2017.
2. Govt. Memo No.543393/Prog.I/A1/2017, date:16-07-2018
3. Govt. Memo No.543393/Prog.I/A1/2017, date: 01-08-2018.
4. Govt. Memo No.543393/Prog.I/A1/2017, date:27-08-2017.
5. Govt. Memo No.72871/Prog.I/A1/2017, date:16-04-2018
6. CSE procs. RC.No.222/MDM/2018-2, date: -8-2018.
7. CSE Lr.Rc.No.404/MDM/2016, date:27-08-2018.
All the District Educational Officers in the
State are informed that the Mid-Day Meal programme is a flagship programme aiming at enhancing enrolment, retention and attendance and simultaneously improving nutritional levels among children studying in Government, Local Body and Government-aided primary and upper p imary schools and the Centres run under Education Guarantee Scheme (EGS)/ (AIE) & NCLP schools.
Based on orders of Government the work order for supply of Red Gram as per tender specification has been given to the following selected three bidders for supply of Red Gram Dal to the schools & Centralised Kitchens under MDM scheme with effect from 01-10-2018:
a. M/s. Puri Jagannath Enterp ises, Nellore
b. M/s. Kendriya Bhandar, Vizag.
c. M/s. National Co-Operative Consumers Federation of India Ltd. (NCCF), Vizag
Further, as per orders of Government in the memo 5th read above the work of supply of edible oil to the children under MDM has been entrusted to Andhra Pradesh Oil Federation with effect from 01-09-2018.
In this regard all the District Educational Officers are informed that it came to the notice of the undersigned that the supply of Edible Oil and Red Gram Dal have been supplied to the schools in the month of October and made available for cooking. Therefore, all the District Educational Officers are requested to:
In view of the above all the District Educational Officers in the State are requested to:
1. Ensure that the Dal and Oil shall be made available to all the Schools/ NGOs/ Centralised Kitchens before 31st October. The consumption of Red Gram Dal and Edible Oil, supplied, to all schools/ NGOs/ Centralised Kitchens shall be commenced with effect from 01-11-2018 without fail.
2. Ensure that the Red Gram Dal and Edible Oil, supplied by the Agencies, shall conform to the standards. Supply of stocks not confirming to specifications as indicated shall be rejected and the Agency shall be asked to replace such stock with new stock as per specifications. Any deviation in quality specifications is noticed report the matter to the Commissioner immediately.
3. Ensure that the supply of Dal shall be in air tight moisture free bags/packs and Oil in sealed packets. The bags/ packets shall be prone to damage or spillage or spoilage and can be preserved for a minimum period of 45 days.
4. The supply shall be made based on monthly indent. The supply more than one month’s requirement shall be rejected. The expenditure caused because of delay in supply shall have to be borne by the bidder.
5. Ensure that date of delivery at school point shall necessarily be before 90 days from the date of expiry.
6. Ensure that the supplying agency deliver the Dal/ Oil at school point or at cluster kitchens, as the case may be, between 10 AM to 5 PM.
7. The Supplying Agency shall obtain the requirement from the school/ NGO/ Centralised Kitchen by 20th of preceding month and supply the Dal/ Oil by 1st of the month. Any instances of non-receipt of Dal in time can’t be entertained under any circumstances.
8. The suppliers shall submit the month-wise and di trict-wise bills to the Commissioner of School Education for payment along with the counter signature of the District Educational Officer, conce ned.
9. The samples of minimum five Kgs/ litres (in 1 Kg packs) shall be deposited with each District Educational Officer for further verification.
10. Ensure that the particulars of the Head of the Firm/Agency, district/Mandal-wise supplier wi h contract number are available in each school for all communic tions. The supplying Agency shall also made the Mobile numbers of the persons, responsible for supply of Dal/ Oil, to the DEOS/ MEOs/ HMs.
11. Ensure that the Dal is supplied to the Schools/ Centralised Kitchens as per the norms of the Mid-Day Meals i.e. 20 grms/child and 30 grams/child for Primary and Upper Primary/High Schools/ Junior Colleges respectively. The Oil shall be supplied @ 5 grams & 7.5 grams/ child for Primary for Primary and Upper Primary/High Schools/ Junior Colleges respectively.
12. Ensure that an amount of Rs.1.38 Ps (for Primary) and Rs.2.07Ps. for UP/HS/Intermediate) towards supply of Red Gram Dal and Rs.0.58 Ps (for Primary) and Rs.0.87 Ps. for UP/HS/Intermediate) towards edible Oil are deducted from the cooking cost being paid to the Cooking Agencies and Centralised Kitchens towards the cost of Dal and Oil with effect from 1st November 2018.
Further, the District Educational Officers are requested to issue necessary instructions/guidelines to the field officers and Centralised Kitchens on the following issues:
1. The quality and quantity of Dal/ Oil being supplied by the Agencies is checked at the time receipt. The Dal/ Oil, which is not qualitative, shall be rejected. The Agency is supposed to replace such Dal/ Oil within 2 days.
2. The words: “MID-DAY MEAL SCHEME, ANDHRA PRADESH” & “NOT FOR SALE” shall clearly be printed on the bag/packet in a bold & bid font.
3. The date of packing & expiry and month of supply are legibly printed on the packet/ bag. The Dal/ Oil delivered by the Agencies are at least 3 months before the date of expiry.
4. The Head Master shall be present while receiving the Dal/ Oil from the supplier and the Agency has to supply the commodity during the school hours.
5. The Dal supplied for the month, shall be utilised within the month.
6. The Cook-cum-Helpers shall be provided daily the required quantity of Dal to be utilised for preparation of meals.
7. The Head Masters has to upload the details of the details of quality and quantity of Dal/ Oil in the mobile App soon after receipt.