All the District Educational Officers in the State are informed that the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi implements
the "National Awards to Teachers" scheme every year. The Government of India has issued certain gUidelines for selection of Teachers for National Award, 2017 in the
reference cited for inviting the proposals every year from Government of Andhra Pradesh. The GO! have allotted awards under the following categories.
1. Hence, DEOs are requested to submit the proposals in the prescribed proforma for selection of teachers for National Awards for the year 2016, in duplicate, with due recommendation of District Level Committee, and they are instructed to indicate at least Two names of eligible teachers compulsorily under each category mentioned below:
- Recognized Primary and Secondary school teachers of State/UT/Organization.
- Sanskrit Teachers of Sanskrit Patashalas and Tolls run on traditional lines.
- Arabic/Persian Teachers of Madarsas run on traditional lines.
- Teachers of CBSE Schools.*
- Teachers of CISCE affiliated Schools.
- Teaches of CTSA affiliated Schools and
- Teachers who promote the education of children with disability in regular
- schools by states/UTs/ Organizations and other school system.
- The teachers recommended by CBSE should be other than those who have already been conversed under the allocated quota for states/Uts/Organizations.
2. The guidelines issued by Govt. of India are to be followed for selecting teachers for the National Awards are at Annexure-I. Briefly the guidelines are as follows:
I. Certain guidelines for selection of Teachers for National Award. 2017.
- Classroom teachers with at least 15 years regular teaching experience and Headmasters with 20 years of regular teaching experience and who are actually working as Teachers / Headmasters in recognized Primary/Middle/High/Higher Secondary Schools only shall be considered. Teachers who are teaching up to class VIII should be considered in the category of Primary School Teachers and those teaching Class IX to XII in the category of Secondary School Teachers. For teachers promoting integrated inclusive Education the eligibility will stand reduced from 15 years of classroom teaching experience to 10 years of service and from 20 years to 15 years, if they are to be considered for awards in respect of Inclusive Education.
- Normally retired teachers are not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months I.e., up to 30th April in the year to which National Award relates) may be considered, if they fulfill all other conditions. The service rendered on re-employment after attaining the age of superannuation will not count as eligible service.
- Teachers whose names were recommended last year or before can be
- considered again, if they are still otherwise eligible and are recommended by the state Govt/ UT.
- Educational Administrators, Inspectors of Education and the staff of the training colleges are not eligible for these awards.
- Only those teachers having requisite years of teaching experience, as mentioned at SI. No. (1) above, as on 31st December of the preceding year of the Award will be eligible to be considered for the award.
II. Main Considerations that should Guide the Selection of Teachers at Various Levels: 1.Teachers' reputation in the local community; 2.His/Her academic efficiency and desire for its improvement. 3.His/Her genuine interest in and love for children; and 4.His/Her involvement in the social life of the community.
III. Procedure for Selection:
- a.The initial selection shall be made at the District level by a District Committee from amongst the names recommended by the District Educational Officer, a District Inspector of Schools or such other local authorities e.g, Corporation, Panchayat etc. which the State government may determine in the context of local conditions.
- b.The State Selection Committee shall scrutinize and sift the recommendations of the District Committee and recommend to the State Government two names for each award allotted to the State and one or two names of Sanskrti/Arabic teachers if found suitable.
- c.The Govt. of India in their letter has instructed for constitution of District Level Committee and State Level Committee as indicated below.
District Level Committee
- District Educational Officer -Chairman
- Principal of DIET -Member
- Dy. Educational Officer (Nominated by the DEO) -Member
State Level Committee:
- Director of Education/ Director of Public Instructions -Chairman
- Principal of Training College -Member
- Nominee of the Union Government -Member
DEOs are instructed to constitute the District Level C9mmittee for scrutiny and submission of proposals to this office.
h The District Educational Officers shall inform all the concerned through local newspapers for submitting records for National Awards immediately on receipt of the proceedings of Commissioner of School Education.
ii. The District Educational Officers shall communicate the proforma and guidelines to the concerned Inspecting authority for certification of antecedent.
iii. In view of the above it is submitted that all the District Educational Officer's in the State are requested to adhere to guidelines of GO! while submitting the proposals for National Awards -2017, duly filling in all the columns in the proposals, without leaving any scope for further correspondence. If any of the required particulars are not mentioned clearly, the proposals will be summarily rejected. The citation (6ioData and other details) of more than 1 page should invariably be attached to the proposals. It should be specifically noted that bulky and voluminous documents with many Annexures of photos. press report copies etc.. will be summarily rejected. The maximum size with photos, Certificates annexures etc., should not exceed..30.. pages.The antecedent certificate and the service particulars citation shall invariably be scrutinized and signed by the District Educational Officer and countersigned by the District Collector.
- iv.13 parameter scale with 100 points will be followed for scrutiny and short listing of various applications received. The proforma is attached at Annexure-II. The final list of recommendations will be submitted to Govt. of A.P for onwards submission to Government of India.
- v.The date for interaction with the State Level Committee for short listed candidates will be informed in due course.
vi. Schedule for submission of nominations to Govt. of India
|1||Constituting of District & State Level Committees||08-03-2018|
|2||Submission of Nominations by MEOsjDy.E.OsjIndividual Teachers to District Educational Officer||15-03-2018|
|3||Scrutiny of Nominations and finalize of list received by the District selection committee||17-03-2018|
|4||Online submission of Districts to Commissioner of School Education||19-03-2018|
|5||Submission of Hard copy to CSE||20-03-2018|
|6||Scrutiny of nominations received from District by State Selection Committee||-|
|7||Submission of Recommendation list to Govt. Of Andhra Pradesh||-|
|8||Submission of nomination to Govt., of India.||-|
Further, all the District Educational Officers in the State should adhere to the schedule in submission of proposals for National Awards 2017. Submission of hard copy should be through authorized personnel at Office of the Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Ibrahimpatnam.
The proposals received after 22-03-2017 will not be entertained. If there is no eligible teacher in their District for this purpose in a particular category, a "Nil" report should also be sent to the Commissioner of School Education.
The District Educational Officers are further requested to submit the information in the prescribed proforma. The same information should be uploaded online as a pdf document at www.ese.ap.gov.in (website). A word document of the same should be email@example.com.
If any of the above particulars are not mentioned clearly, the proposals will be summarily rejected.