PROCESS FOR CONDUCT OF AP TET
(a) The Government of Andhra Pradesh is keen on the utilization of Information Technology for automation of various activities related to government departments to ensure accuracy and transparency. The senior officials of the government academic and technical personnel under the chairmanship of the Hon'ble Minister for HRD have unanimously resolved to switch over from the conventional paper based examination to the system of Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Common Entrance Tests (CETs) to be conducted from the Academic Year 2017-18 onwards.
AP TET COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT):
In order to bring in utmost transparency and accuracy in the conduct of examinations, it is decided to conduct Computer Based Test (C-TET) on the lines of DEECET, EAMCET, etc as per the recommendations of the Commissioner of School Education, A.P., Amaravati. The TET as CBT shall be conducted in order to do away with the present cumbersome process that involves large human contingent and the consequent expenditure involved.
The Commissioner of School Education, A.P., Amaravati shall ensure that the age old practice of pre and post examination work is dispensed with after adapting the TET as CBT on the lines of DEECET, EAMCET, etc.
(b) The Computer Based Test (CBT) involves pre-examination work viz. registration of candidates and application processing, identification of test centers as approved by the Technical Team of the Convener, Test Centers management and generation of hall tickets followed by development of error- free question paper sets / bank and its management, and also creation of awareness to the Candidate about CBT by means of conduct of mock tests and preparatory test. The examination management includes digitalization and secured transfer of the question paper to the test centers, conduct of test, processing of scores and generation of ranks as per the G.Os of the respective CETs.
(c) PROCESS INVOLVED IN COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT):
1) The agency identified by the Commissioner of School Education shall design, develop and host the web based secured application form for Department and accept applications.
2) Integration with Payment Gateway for online fee payment.
3) Creating Login ID and Password for candidate.
4) Test Centers should be identified by the agency and should meet rigorous compliance process. The Test centers should also be completely secured & sanitized to prevent any malpractices.
5) Standard test centers used for prestigious nationwide competitive exams like IIT JEE Main, IIT GATE, IIM CAT, RRB, IBPS etc should be utilized for APTET Exam.
(i) The identification of Examination centers is the sole responsibility of the Agency which is entrusted to conduct A.P. TET as Computer Based Test (CBT). The identified centers should be confirmed by the TET Committee.
(ii) Each Centre should be equipped with good accommodation, furniture and computer infrastructure. Each Centre shall have a capacity to accommodate 5000 candidates in a single session.
(iii) The Centers in the District shall be identified in District Head Quarters, Municipalities, Revenue and Mandal Division Headquarters only.
15. The Government shall have powers to make Rules, issue Clarifications and Guidelines which may arise in regard to the implementation of these Guidelines