FINANCE (HR.VI&TFR) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 195 Dated: 12-12-2017
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.48, Finance (HRV-PC.I) Department, dated 30.04.2015.
2. C.M.P.No.303/PSSC/2016, dated 16.02.2016 alongwith representation of A.P.Non- Gazetted Officers Association.
O R D E R :
In the reference first read above, orders have been issued implementing the recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commission, 2015 on the House Rent Allowance.
2. In the reference second read above, it has been represented that the employees working in all the District Headquarters in Andhra Pradesh State are paid 20% House Rent Allowance, except Srikakulam, Machilipatnam and Chittoor on the plea that the peripheral areas of the above three towns are not included at the time of acquiring the population census. Further, the inclusion of nearby villages in the municipalities of the above towns was stayed by courts. As a result, the population of these Municipalities did not touch the required 2.00 lakhs figure. At the same time, the house rents at these places are skyrocketing on par with developing other towns especially other District Headquarters. Therefore, the Association has requested to consider the sanction of 20% House Rent Allowance to the employees working in Srikakulam, Machilipatnam and Chittoor irrespective of population criterion.
3. Government after careful examination of the request considered and hereby enhance the House Rent Allowance from 14.5% to 20% to the employees working in Srikakulam, Machilipatnam and Chittoor towns (Headquarters of Srikakulam, Krishna and Chittoor Districts) respectively on par with other District Headquarters.
4. These orders are applicable with effect from 01.01.2018.
5. All other conditions regarding applicability of the rates of House Rent Allowance issued in the reference 1st read above shall be continued.
6. Necessary amendments to the A.P. Public Employment (House Rent Allowance) Rules, 1988 shall be issued separately.