GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Social Welfare Department- Conversion of Social Welfare Hostels in the State into Social Welfare Residential Schools in a phased manner – 2016-17 (2nd Phase) Orders– Issued
SOCIAL WELFARE (EDN.1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.89 Dated:18 .07.2016
The Government of Andhra Pradesh endeavours to provide quality education to the children of the Scheduled Caste community in order to achieve sustained inclusive growth. As part of this endeavour and in order to leverage the acknowledged superior ecosystem of the Residential School system viz. a congenial integrated study & stay environment leading to the all round development of the students, better standards of educational attainment, good infrastructure, etc . the Government have decided to convert all the Social Welfare Hostels in the State into Residential Schools in a phased manner. To facilitate the transition, the Government has taken steps vide the reference 6th & 7th cited for the sanctioning of new Residential Schools and ramping up of the infrastructure in the existing Residential Schools of the Social Welfare Department.
2. The Government have issued orders, in the reference 1st read above, for the conversion of (199) Hostels into Residential Schools in 2015-16 (1st Phase) and the orders have been implemented.
3. Further, in the reference 2nd read above, the Government have constituted a Committee of Secretaries of Welfare Departments to examine and suggest the comprehensive proposal & action plan on the conversion of Hostels into Residential Schools in a phased manner in the State. The Committee of Welfare Secretaries has met on 24.11.2015 to discuss about the strategy / action plan to be adopted for conversion and constituted an Inter Departmental Committee at the State Level with all the HODs of the Welfare Department as members for the finalization of the guidelines for the conversion of SC/ST/BC/MW Hostels into Residential Schools.
4. The Inter Departmental Committee has met on 10.12.2015 and discussed & finalized the action plan, strategy for implementation, criteria & guidelines to be adopted & it was decided that the proposals for conversion of the Hostels into Residential Schools will be prepared & supervised by the District Level committees headed by the concerned Joint Collector-II/P.O.ITDAs. The strategy and guidelines for conversion of Welfare Hostels into Residential Schools were communicated to all the District Collectors by the Director of Social Welfare in the reference 4th cited & vide the reference 5th cited all the District Collectors were in the State were instructed to finalize the proposals for the year 2016-17 in terms of guidelines mentioned, in the reference 4th read above.
5. In the reference 8th read above, the Director of Social Welfare, has informed that all the District Committees have furnished the initial proposals for the conversion of Social Welfare Hostels into Residential Schools during the year 2016-17.(2nd Phase)
6. The initial proposals received from the District Level Committees were vetted with respect to the guidelines framed by the Internal Departmental Committee in a Review Meeting / Work shop held by the Director of Social Welfare & Secretary, APSWREIS., with all the Joint Directors/Dy. Directors of Social Welfare Department and Convener Principals of A.P. Social Welfare Residential Educational Society on 12.06.2016 & 13.6.2016 and certain modifications were suggested. The draft proposals, so finalized, were referred back to the all the District Collectors for confirmation & approval.
7. Basing on the confirmation reports received from all the District Collectors, the Director of Social Welfare, AP., vide the references 9th & 10th cited has furnished the abstract statement of the 2nd Phase of conversion of Hostels proposed during 2016-17 ,both district wise & class wise, and he has proposed to shift (13,509) boarders from (272) S.W. Hostels i.e., (7,989) boarders to the nearby Residential Schools, and (5,520) boarders to the nearby Welfare Hostels in respect of (13) Districts of the State. The said proposals were placed in the meeting of the Committee of Secretaries of Welfare Departments held on 13.07.2016.
8. Government after careful examination of the proposal of the Director of Social Welfare, hereby decide to shift (13,509) boarders from (272) Social Welfare Hostels i.e. (7,989) boarders to the nearby Residential Schools and (5,520) boarders to nearby Welfare Hostels in the 2nd Phase during the year 2016-17 , as per the details annexed to this order.
9. Government also directs the Director of Social Welfare and the Secretary, APSWREIS to ensure the implementation of the steps to ensure that the transition is implemented in a planned and smooth mannerClick here to download Steps and instructions to MEOs/HMs and NO. OF HOSTELS PROPOSED FOR MERGER INTO RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS