PROCEEDINGS OF THE DIRECTOR STATE COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING, ANDHRA PRADESH, AMARAVATI
Govt. Memo NO.624160/Prog.II/A1/2017, Dated.13-06-2017 from Deputy Secretary, School Education (Prog.ll) Department.
While enclosing a copy of the reference read above, all the District Educational officers in the State are informed that, the Joint Secretary (SE-I_), New Delhi has informed A DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP & CYBER WELLNESS OLYMPIAD 2017-18 is being organized by Learning Links foundation. It is their responsibility to encourage and promote students to learn to be safe on-line in an era where digitalization is no more confined to controlled laboratory but has started impacting real world scenarios and situations. This Olympiad provides an opportunity for not only students but also the educators to learn and be responsible Netizens. With the advent of one-to-one teaching with technology and cashless economy and several other e-initiatives of the government there is a need to encourage and inculcate interest in students towards using on-online resource more responsibility and efficiently. Therefore, all the DEOs are requested to encourage students to participate in Cyber Wellness Olympiad 2017-18.
Objective of DCCW Olympiad 2017-18:
1. Create a secure cyber space for young India
2. Empower through digital literacy, digital resources and collaborative digital platform
3. Create digitally authentic, transparent, real-time and inexpensive life-long learning towards
4. Ethical and productive use of technology tlu·ough mobiles/smart devices
5. Knowledge of cyber laws in relation to Indian Penal code
6. Opportunity to create a digitally connected learner's community in rural and urban
7. Empower entire paradigm of RESPECT, EDUCATE and PROTECT (REP) while keeping pace with expectations of digital environment and its integration in way of lite
8. To identify a cyber-safe community to involve and engage in the Cyber Safety national program being designed by NeGD for November 20 17.
Mode of participation:
ON-LINE MODE ONLY to supply Cyber safety and also to encourage more readiness of infrastructure for our education community to be future ready in the competitive world and to accept more and more e-Initiatives/apps/mobile apps introduced by our Government which is the need of
the hour towards progress.
Infrastructure requirement for the Olympiad:
• No special requirement; Internet and device will serve the purpose. Device can be either desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone
• However, a better internet speed will give you a better user experience J
• Go to www.learningolympiads.co.in and register as per categories defined (EDM is attached herewith for details)
Olympiad is open for 4 categories:
• Olympiad is open for participation till July 31' 2017
• Participation is FREE for all STUDENTS and EDUCATORS ONLY of government schools across India
• A nominal amount of INR 300/- (inclusive of tax) is to be paid by private school students, educators and community from any sector (government / private / individual).
Certification and recognition:
• Participation certificate - to every participant
• Certificate of Merit - who obtains 91-95% marks Achiever's club certificate - who obtains 96-100% marks
• Get recognised on the portal and be part of future programs at national and international level
• School with highest number of participation also gets an opportunity to feature on the portal Key features of Olympiad:
• The certificate will hold value especially when students aspire to apply for higher education overseas because of Ministry of Electronics & information Technology & UNICEF endorsement
• One of the very few Olympiads which is open for educators and community
• Completely online, hence participants can take the final Olympiad test anytime, anywhere
• User friendly website that allows participants to browse and access content/information easily without much guidance
• Leaming material available online for every participant who completes the registration
• Mock test can be taken any number of times till ready for final test
• Test can be taken on' any device i.e. PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile
• System transparency as participants can sec result instantly after submitting final Olympiad test and also get instant certificate printing option
• Several opportunities to get recognized
• One fee (Fee not applicable for Government school students and educators) for entire Olympiad. This fee includes service tax, learning material, certificate and recognition opportunities
Visit www.learning olympiads.co.in and register yourself for complete detail and experience.
For any query, contact us at:
Phone - 01246511105
Keep revisiting the site for updates!!
HAPPY LEARNING AND BE SAFE ON-LINE