Rc.No ESE02/759/2021-PLG -CSE dated: 03/10/2021
Sub: School Education Commencement of "Cyber Jaagrookta (Awareness) Diwas" on first Wednesday of every month commencing from 6th October, 2021 (Wednesday) in all Schools - Certain instructions Issued - Reg.
1.Govt. Memo.No.1521097/General/A1/2021-1, dated 28.09.2021.
2.From the Director (DIG ED), Gal, Ministry of: Education, Department of School Education & Literacy, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi, F.No.162/2021-DIGED, Dated: 27.09.2021
All the District Educational Officers in the State are informed that in the reference 1st cited government sent a copy of the reference 2nd cited, to the Director, School Education and requested to observe a "Cyber Jaagrookta (Awareness) Diwas" in all Schools on the first Wednesday of every month commencing from 6th October, 2021 (Wednesday) and to take cognizance and facilitate participation in the "Cyber Jaagrookta (Awareness) Diwas", and to provide an Annual Action Plan as desired thereon.
2. The suggestive topics for creating awareness are given below, (for students of class 6thto 10th Classes)
a. Introduction to cyber crimes
b. Kinds of cyber crimes: phishing, identify theft, cyber stalking, cyber obscenity, computer vandalism, ransomware, identity theft
c. Spotting fake apps and fake news on social media and internet (fake email messages, fake post, fake WhatsApp messages, fake customer care toll free numbers, fake jobs)
d. Internet Ethics, Internet addiction, ATM scams, online shopping threats, lottery emails/SMS, Debit/Credit card fraud, Email security, mobile phone security
e. Mobile apps security, USB Storage Device security, f. Mobile connectivity Security Attacks (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Mobile as USB)
g. Preventive measures to be taken in Cyber space, reporting of cyber crime
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers are requested to disseminate the above to all the field functionaries and to ensure that "Cyber Jaagrookta (Awareness) Diwas" in all Schools on the first Wednesday of every month commencing from 6th October, 2021 (Wednesday) is observed and to take cognizance and facilitate participation in the "Cyber Jaagrookta (Awareness) Diwas".
Further, all the Headmasters of high school shall be instructed as below:
- i. To consult the nearest Station House Officer and invite him/her on any Wednesday to deliberate the details of sample cases regarding cyber crime and to motivate students regarding cyber crimes.
- ii. Videos related to cyber sensitization shall be shown to the students of classes 6 to 10
- iii. To invite eminent personalities for their deliberations to aware the students about cyber crimes.
- iv. Competitions shall be organized on cyber sensitization. v. Any other innovative initiatives by the students, teachers and parents shall be adopted for observing the Cyber jaagrookta Diwas.