Memo No. ESE02-27021/45/2021-MDM-CSE, Dated: 03/08/2021 School Education - Jagananna Gorumudda (Mid Day Meal) Scheme - Implementation of Swechha Programme Instructions Issued - Regarding.
Ref: Lr.No: WDC02-28025/4/2021/ISSNIP SEC-WDCW, Dt. 29/07/2021 of the Principal Secretary to Government, Department for Women, Children, Differently Abled & Senior Citizens Government of Andhra Pradesh addressed to the Principal Secretary to Government, Department of School Education, A.P.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced Swechha program to ensure affordable access to health and menstrual hygiene in adolescent girls and women by supplying 10 free sanitary napkins per month to every adolescent girl studying in 7th to 12th classes in all Government Schools, Junior colleges and by positioning of sanitary napkins in all YSR Cheyutha Stores in urban and rural areas on affordable rates to women.
In this connection, the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare has floated tender in AP e-Procurement site duly following the tender conditions and as per the reverse auction M/s Shudh Plus Hygiene Products, Gorakhpur stands as L1 by quoting Rs. 2.617/- per pad (both Regular and Large) inclusive of all taxes. Similarly, L3 bidder, M/s Procter and Gamble Hygiene and Health Care Limited, Mumbai has given consent to match the L1 price for supply of Sanitary Napkins.
Considering the requirement, the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare has issued orders for distributing the total tender quantity in 50:50 ratio among L1 and L3 bidders for a period of two months (i.e., for September and October, 2021) as follows and vendor wise list of schools have been provided.
The supplies will be made once in 2 months with entitlement per girl child of 7th to 10th classes of all Government Schools i.e. Govt, ZP, MPP, Aided, AP Modal Schools and KGBV Schools as follows:
- 2 packs of regular size pads of 7 pads or 1 pack of regular size pads of 14 pads
- 1 pack of large size pads of 6 pads
The supplies as per the entitlements for the months of September & October, 2021 will start from 1st August and will be completed by 31st August. Supplies will be made at the school stock points as per the list of schools and nodal officers attached herein.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the State are requested to instruct the Deputy Educational Officer, Mandal Educational Officers and Headmasters of all High Schools and Upper Primary Schools.
1. To accept the stock of sanitary pads as and when it arrives and ensure prompt distribution.
2. To maintain the Stock Entry Register and Distributed Register promptly.
3. Priority should be given to the younger girls first as the aim this program is to prevent drop-outs.
4. The Nodal Officers should acknowledge the receipt of good condition. stocks and certify the distribution.
5. The supervisory officers of the Health Department and WCD Department will cross check the receipt and distribution to ensure that the objectives of the program are met.