Closure of Zero Enrollment Aided Schools - Instructions
Memo No.ESE-02-18022/12/2021 -PS-3-CSE Date:18/08/2021
Sub: School Education-Aided – Declining of students enrolment in Aided Schools- Certain instructions - Issued
1. G.O.Ms.No.1188, Education, dated.10.5.1966.
2. G.O.Ms.No.725, Education, dated.7-7-1977.
3. A.P. Education Act, 1982.
4. G.O.Ms.No.344, Education, dated.22-7-1985.
5. G.O.Ms.No.238, Education, dated.27-5-1996.
6. A.P. Private Educational institutions Grant-in Aid(Regulation)Act,1988. (Act 22 of 1988)
7. G.O.Ms.No.524, Education, dated.20-12-1988.
8. G.O.Ms No.01 Education Dated 01.01.1994 and subsequent amendments.
9. G.O.Ms No.39 Education Dated 17.06.2013.
10.Hon'ble Supreme Court Judgement dt.12-4-2012 in W.P(C) No.95 of 2010.
11.Notices issued by the RJDSEs and DEOs in the State.
12.This office Memo No. ESE02-18022/12/2021-PS-3-CSE Dated 09.06.2021, 12.07.2021 and 24.07.2021
All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and the District Educational Officers in the state are informed that as per the norms in the G.Os 1st to 8th read above, the unaided schools admitted into Grant-in-Aid in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
In the reference 10th cited, the Hon'ble Apex court made the following observation at para 8 of the judgement
"Needless to observe that if there is inadequate response to the Government funded school, it is but appropriate that either the divisions there of or the school itself be closed and the students and staf of such schools be transferred".
In this connection, they are informed that in the decades of 1970's and 1980's the number of Government and local body schools are very low and for educating the students number of educational institutions established by the group of individuals/organisations under charity. From 1990s under APPEP/DPEP/SSA schemes, a number of schools have been established by Government and local bodies by covering all most all the habitations in the State of Andhra Pradesh. To achieve the aim of universalisation of elementary education and literate every child in the habitations, Government of Andhra Pradesh more focussed on creating access to the students. Further at the same time, number of unaided schools were permitted by the Government to meet the educational needs of the students. Meanwhile owing to a number of reasons, the strength of the aided schools has been gradually declining
Further, they are informed that as per amendment brought to SubRule 17 of Rule 10 in GO.Ms.No.1 vide G.O.Ms.No.39 Education dated 17-6-2013, which states that:-
Rule 10(17) – That when a private aided school is forced to be closed down for any reason or whenever the management of the school goes out of the way to remove any of its staff members or whenever there is a fall in strength in a private aided school for two successive academic years or whenever an exercise for rationalization of aided staff working in aided institutions is taken up, the competent authority may transfer the staff, with or without posts, as the case may be to any other needy private aided school within the district. (17 A) Where, in pursuance of action taken under sub rule (17), an aided post in an institution is rendered surplus, the same shall stand suppressed on transfer of the incumbent to another aided institution with effect from the date of such transfer.”
In view of the above Acts, Government orders and above circumstances of Aided Schools, the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and the District Educational Officers in the State are requested to initiate necessary action on the following:
a.) To close the enrolment aided Schools wherever the enrolment was zero during 2020-21 and issue instructions to the Correspondents/Special Officers of the Schools to relieve the aided teachers working in said aided intuitions to report before the District Educational Officer. The District Educational Officers are requested to depute them to the needy aided schools temporarily on work adjustment basis till further instructions are issued. They are directed to submit list of schools closed along with the details of staff adjusted to needy schools on work adjustment basis.
b.) The explanations furnished by the correspondents, which are examined by the RJDSEs/DEOs and copy submitted to this office have been examined in detail and they are found not satisfactory as they are not based on academic and genuine grounds. However, issue notices indicating one more opportunity to the correspondents of Primary/U.P/High Schools where the school strength has been declining consistently during 2019-20 and 2020-21 to improve their during current year. If the managements fail to improve by 30-9- 2021, the competent authorities shall take necessary further action as per Acts and rules duly observing the norms of access to the schools to the habitations as per the Rules issued under RTE and also as per G.O.Ms.No.1, dated.1-1-1994.
c.) To designate a separate a team with one Assistant Director, One Superintendent and one Section Assistant in their offices for close monitoring of receipt of explanations for processing files duly examining the each case in student academic and access of school aspects.
The above instructions should be followed scrupulously. Any deviation in this regard will be viewed seriously and necessary action will be initiated against the concerned Regional Joint Directors of School Education and the District Educational Officers in the State.
- 2020 - 21 లో శూన్య నమోదు కలిగిన ఎయిడెడ్ పాఠశాలలలో పనిచేయుచున్న ఉపాధ్యాయులను విధులనుండి విడుదల చేసి DEO ల ఎదుట హాజరవ్వాలి.
- సదరు ఉపాధ్యాయులను వర్క్ అడ్జస్ట్మెంట్ ప్రాతిపదికన తాత్కాలికంగా అవసరత గల ఎయిడెడ్ పాఠశాలలకు డెప్యూట్ చేయవలెను.
- RJD SE లు / DEO లు తాము తనిఖీ చేసిన ఎయిడెడ్ పాఠశాలల కరెస్పాండెంట్ లు సమర్పించిన వివరణలు సంతృప్తికరంగా లేవు.
- అయినప్పటికీ 2019 - 20 , 2020 - 21 సం లలో నమోదు తగ్గిపోయిన ఎయిడెడ్ PS / UP /HS ల కరెస్పాండెంట్ లకు ప్రస్తుత సం లో నమోదు పెంచేందుకు మరొక అవకాశం ఇవ్వడమైనది.
- ది.30.09.2021 నాటికి ఆయా ఎయిడెడ్ మేనేజ్మెంట్లు నమోదు పెంచుటలో విఫలమైతే.. సంబంధిత అధికారులు వారిపై తగు చర్యలు గైకొనవలెను.
- కరెస్పాండెంట్లు సమర్పించిన ప్రతి వివరణను దగ్గరగా పరిశీలించుటకు ఆయా జిల్లా కార్యాలయాలలో గల ఒక సహాయ సంచాలకులు, ఒక సూపరింటెండెంట్, ఒక సెక్షన్ సహాయకుల తో ఒక ప్రత్యేక బృందాన్ని ఏర్పాటు చేయడమైనది.