Implementation of 10% Reservation to the Economically Weaker Sections for admissions into Educational Institutions - Orders - Issued.
G.O.MS.No. 65 Dated: 14-07-2021.
Read the following:-
1.From the Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department), the Constitution (One Hundred and Third Amendment) Act, 2019.
2. G.O.Ms.No.60, Backward Classes Welfare (F) Department, dt:27.07.2019.
The Government of India, in the reference first read above, has brought out the Constitution (One Hundred and Third Amendment) Act, 2019 inserting Clause (6) in Article 15 and Clause (6) in Article 16 in the Constitution providing for 10% reservation in admissions into Educational Institutions and appointments or posts in favour of Economically Weaker Sections of citizens other than the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes.
2. In pursuance of the above and as per the interim orders passed by the Honourable High Court in WP No.8556 of 2019 filed by Sri Kalle Chandra Sekhar Sharma and Smt. Kalle Mitravinda, Government have issued G.O.Ms.No.60, Backward Classes Welfare(F)Department, dt:27.07.2019 for implementation of 10% reservation to the Economically Weaker Sections for admission into Educational Institutions for the academic year 2019-20.
3. Government, after careful examination, extend the operation of G.O.Ms.No.60, Backward Classes Welfare(F)Department, dt:27.07.2019 for the current and subsequent academic years with the following revised /reiterated operational guidelines with respect to the eligibility :-
- i. The persons who are not covered under existing scheme of reservations for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes and whose gross annual family income is below Rs.8.00 lakh are to be identified as Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) for the benefit of reservation. The income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
- ii. The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
- iii. 1/3rd (33 1/3 %) of the seats enhanced for the purpose of accommodating the EWS Category students shall be earmarked to women among them. The one-third reservation earmarked for women is horizontal.
- iv. The persons seeking the benefit of reservation under EWS category shall obtain the necessary EWS Certificate issued by the Tahsildar concerned.
This Order is issued subject to the outcome of Writ Petitions and Public Interest Litigations (PILs) filed in this regard before the Hon'ble Courts.
All the Administrative Departments concerned / Districts Collectors are therefore requested to take necessary action accordingly.