Higher Education - Establishment of an Office for International Affairs in each University will be an integral part of internationalization of Higher Education in Andhra Pradesh - Orders - Issued. G.O.RT.No. 51 Dated: 06-04-2021
Read the following:-
1) G.O.Rt.No.183, Higher Education (EC) Dept., dated 08.11.2019.
2) G.O.Rt.No.172, Higher Education (EC) Dept., dated 08.12.2020.
3) From the Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, D.O. No.152-8/2020(IC), dated 13.01.2021 addressed to the Vice- Chancellors of all Universities.
In the G.Os. 1st & 2nd read above, Dr.Kumar Annavarapu was appointed as Coordinator, Overseas Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh to look after Overseas Education in Andhra Pradesh.
In the D.O. Letter 3rd read above, the Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi has informed that the National Education Policy 2020 has laid emphasis on expanding the global outreach of the Indian Higher Education Institutions in the Country by promoting India as a global study destination and intensive academic and research collaboration with foreign Higher Educational Institutions. Considering the importance of Office for International Affairs, the Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi has requested the Vice-Chancellors of all Universities to establish such an office in the Universities.
Government after examination of the matter, hereby permit all the Vice-Chancellors in the State to establish an Office for International Affairs in the respective University as an integral part of internationalization of Higher Education in Andhra Pradesh as per the directions issued in the D.O. Letter 3rd read above, which are as follows:-
1) To coordinate all matters relating to welcoming and supporting foreign students
2) To disseminate information related to admission process among prospective foreign students
3) To engage in promotional activities and brand building campaign abroad
4) Single point contact for carrying out all collaborative activities with foreign institutions
5) Act as a liaison body between the foreign students and the sponsoring agency
6) To address the grievances of foreign students in all matters
7) Single point contact for registration with FRRO/e-FRRO
8) To facilitate networking with fellow students
9) To extend all possible help to the foreign students to adapt to the new cultural environment and make their stay in India comfortable and enriching
The above directions shall enhance the possibility of exploring the venues and avenues for foreign students to pursue higher education in Andhra Pradesh. Apart from the above directions, the Vice-Chancellors of all Universities shall follow the following guidelines:-
a) All the Universities in the State shall strengthen academically and infrastructurally, so as to attract foreign students and researchers to visit India. These admissions must be done through a centralized system. Universities shall disseminate to give necessary information, launch a campaign about our academic activities, establish single point contact for registration with FRRO and to extend all possible help to all the foreign students
b) All Universities shall enhance the image to attract more and more foreign students which will help the Universities to become financially sound
c) All the Universities shall identify their local academic and research talents
d) The State Co-ordinating office shall monitor foreign students
The Vice-Chancellors of all Universities shall man the Office for International Affairs out of their own resources. There shall not be any additional financial burden on the Government either in the form of providing additional man power or additional infrastructure.
The Vice-Chancellors in the State of all Universities shall coordinate the activities of Office for International Affairs with Dr.Kumar Annavarapu, Coordinator, Overseas Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh.