RC.NO.12 5882 8/Director RMSA / APSS /2020 Dated:25.1 7.2020 AP Samagra Siksha-Quality Education - Reading Literacy Campaign in the name of "We Love Reading" - Launching on 26th November-lssue of detailed implementation guidelines - Reg.
1. Minutes of the meeting with Principal Secretary, Director of School Education and State Project Director, Samagra Shiksha,dated 13th October.
2. G.O.Rt,No.220 of Government of Andhra Pradesh, dated 1,2-1,1,-2020,
3. G0 NO. 229 dated 23.11,.2020 regarding postponement of reopening of certain classes in schools.
one of the main aims of Education is holistic development of a student's personality. Schools are providing learning opportunities to students to improve their learning skills, Reading is one of the major skill in the education system, In addition, reading can be a fun and imaginative time for children, which opens doors to all kinds of new worlds for them. Reading skills have a profound influence on the development of their cognitive skills.
Reading helps students to develop better critical and analytical skills and cultivates confidence and creativity among students. Government felt that the ability to read with comprehension is a necessary foundation and an indispensable prerequisite for bright future. The habit of reading can best be inculcated and nurtured at the early stage of a student's life and there is dire necessity to have a time bound action plan. In this gigantic task, all the stakeholders including parents, community and civil society organizations should actively be involved. HM's and teachers should play a key role in the entire programme,
In this context Government have decided to implement special campaign named "We Love Reading"(Chadavadam Maakishtam) to promote Foundational Reading Literacy skills among students of class 3 to class 9. In this regard GO RT no.220 was issued, In this mission mode campaign all children are provided with different avenues at school, home & village to read in a joyful environment, Teachers, parents, youth, retired persons, academicians, NGOs etc. will have to take lead role to run the campaign.
The "We Love Reading" Campaign will be implemented in four stages:
1. Preparatory Stage - November 2020, December 2020, Janauary 202l.
2. Foundational Stage - February 2O21, March 2OZl, April 202L.
3. Advanced Stage - May 2OZl, fune 2021,luly ZOZL.
4. Valedictory Stage - August 202L, September 2021, October ZOZL, November 2021.