1.G.O.Ms.No:2 Revenue Department Dt: 13-02-2019.
2.Letter F,No.5-1/2018 MDM.2-1, dt:07-09-2018 of GoI
3.Govt. Memo No.ESE01-SEDNo.CSE/394/Prog.I/A1/2019, date:15-04-2019
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the referentes cited and they are informed that in the G.0 1st cited the Government of Andhra Pradesh have identified and declared 257 Mandals as Draught effected Mandals in Rabi 2018-19 in nine districts of the State.
Under guidelines on MDM, the Government of India proclaimed to provide the Mid Day Meal in Summer Vacation to school children in Drought Affected Areas and Central Assistance would also be given during summer vacation in areas which are formally notified by the State Government as 'drought-affected' in accordance with its established procedure and guidelines. The Food-grains for implementing the programme in summer vacation will have to be drawn against the concerned district's annual allocation, which will suitably be augmented by the Ministry in due course to cover the resultant additional requirement of Food Grains for the year.
Further, based on the letter from AP State Civil Corporation necessary consent has been given for lifting of food grains from FCI and transportation to MLS points under the MDM scheme.
It is further informed that the Government of India in its letter 2nd read above have accorded sanction for an amount of Rs.6.68 crore as recurring Central Assistance for providing Mid-Day Meals to the children in Drought Affected Areas on the basis of PAB-MDM approval for the year 2018-19
In the Memo 3rd read above Government of AP have accorded necessary permission to provide Mid-Day Meal to the students of Primary, Upper Primary and High schools entitled as per norms during the summer vacation of 2018-19 to the children in 257 drought affected Mandals. The district-wise number of Mandals, declare as drought-affected Mandals is as follows:
In view of the above, all the District Educational Officers in the State are requested to make necessary arrangements for providing Mid-Day Meals to the children of drought affected 257 Mandals during summer vacation.
The DEOs are further requested to
1. Ensure that the cooked meals are provided to all the children of drought Mandals under Mid-Day Meals as per regular Menu.
2. Contact the Egg/ Dal/Oil Suppliers immediately and ensure that the supply of eggs, Red Gram Dal and edible Oil are done regularly during summer holidays.as per requirement. In case of failure on any day, the School Cooking Agencies have to cook and provide meals
3. The HM and one/two teacher/s of the school on rotation basis has to be present for the supervision of MDM to the children. The teachers will be paid an Honorarium of Rs.2000/- per teacher for total vacation shall be paid . as per Govt Memo No.225780/Prog.I/A1/2017, date:27-11-2017.
4. Headmasters must submit necessary indents online for food grains, Dal, Oil, etc.
5. Ensure that a wide publicity is made of the scheme, all the children are get aware of the implementation of the scheme during summer vacation. The parents shall also be motivated to send their children for Mid-Day Meals during the summer vacation.
6. Ensure that the Cooking cost and honorarium are paid as usual.
7. Utilise the Parent Teacher Association in monitoring of MDM and ensuring that the problems are detected early and speedily rectified
8. The community support should also be taken where ever necessary for enrichment of quality and quantity of MDM is the prime aspect.
9. Where MDM is being served from a centralised kitchen ensure that the Centralised Kitchen personnel are given necessary instructions to serve Mid-Day Meals in a systematic manner.
10. The Visiting Officers shall monitor and ensure that meals are provided in each and every school.
11. The Head Masters shall submit attendance particulars daily in the MDM app meant for it properly and there shall be nofrequent corrections . Further, all the District Educational Officers are requested to ensure that the above guidelines are properly reached all the field officers, schools & teachers and implemented with immediate effect. The matter shall also be kept under the notice of the District Collector to ensure the implementation of the scheme seamlessly.