GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Public Services – Human Resources – Transfers and Postings of Employees – Guidelines / Instructions – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (HR.I-PLG. & POLICY) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.54 Dated: 02-05-2018.
- G.O.Ms.No.98, Finance (HR.I) Department, dated. 04-08-2015.
- G.O.Ms.No.140, Finance (HR.I) Department, dated. 16-11-2015.
- G.O.Ms.No.102, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Department, dt.10-06-2016.
- G.O.Ms.No.123, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Department, dt.28-06-2016.
- G.O.Ms.No.64, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Department, dt.21-04-2017.
- G.O.Ms.No.72, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Department, dt.05-05-2017.
- G.O.Ms.No.75, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Department, dt.09-05-2017.
The Government is committed to the welfare of its employees and seeks to promote work-life balance to enable the employees and their families lead happy and contented lives. In this direction, the Government’s policy is to ensure every employee is posted at a work place where she/he is most productive and contributes his / her best for improved governance and efficient public services. Overall, the Government is committed to right placement of the staff to improve efficiency and accountability in administration.
2. Accordingly, the existing ban on transfer of employees imposed vide reference 5th cited is relaxed for the period from 5th May, 2018 to 4th June, 2018 to ensure right placement of employees to secure optimum productivity and commitment to furtherance of Government’s development objectives.
Principles for Transfers and Postings
3. The following principles may be adopted while effecting transfer of employees:
A. Transfers shall be effected only on the following grounds.
i. Mutual Grounds
ii. On Request.
B. Employees seeking transfer on these grounds shall have completed three years of continuous service in all cadres at the present station. Station means place (City, Town, Village) of actual working for the purpose of transfers and not office or institution.
C. Transfers on request shall be considered by the competent authority only against an existing clear vacancy.
i. Request transfers shall be considered by the competent authorities only in respect of employees fulfilling one or more of the conditions mentioned below:
a. Visually challenged persons.
b. Employees with disabilities of 40% or more as certified by a competent authority as per “persons with disabilities”.
c. Husband and Wife cases (only one of the spouses shall be shifted following the prescribed procedure). Once the facility is utilized, the next request can be made only after eight years.
d. Employees having mentally challenged children to a place where medical facilities are available.
e. Widow employee appointed on Compassionate basis.
f. Medical grounds for the diseases (either self or spouse or dependent children and dependent parents) of Cancer, Open Heart Operations, Neuro Surgery, Kidney Transplantation to places where such facilities available.
ii. While considering the request transfers based on above conditions, preference shall be given to the employee with the longest tenure at a particular duty station, seniority in the cadre and outstanding performance record.
D. In case of mutual transfers, both the employees seeking transfer on mutual grounds shall have completed three (3) years of service at their present respective stations.
E. Transfers on mutual grounds or request grounds shall not be done between the offices located in same station.
Procedure for Transfers
a. The relaxation on transfers shall be effective from 5th May, 2018 to 4th June, 2018.
b. All the transfers shall be effected by the competent authorities as per the existing orders of delegation subject to the existing Government Orders and conditions prescribed.
c. The following procedure may be prescribed while undertaking this exercise:
i) The department must undertake the transfer exercise in a transparent process using IT application.
ii) The authority effecting transfers shall notify the existing vacancies category-wise by 10th May, 2018.
iii) The vacancies and the preferences of employees shall be exhibited at a prominent place in the premises of the office as well as in Departmental web site.
iv) All the applications on request / mutual transfers shall reach the competent authority on or before 15th May 2018. The competent authority shall examine/scrutinize the applications and shall process them on or before 24th May 2018. The orders of transfer shall be issued by the competent authority by 30th May 2018. All the transferred employees shall join in the new places on or before the AN of 4th June 2018 without fail.
d. The Head of the Department concerned is responsible for the implementation of the transfer orders in the most transparent manner possible without giving any scope for complaints / allegations. Any violation of these guidelines will be viewed seriously by the Government.
a. These guidelines are applicable to all the departments including the revenue earning departments viz. i) Commercial Taxes; ii) Prohibition & Excise; iii) Stamps & Registration; iv) Transport, Medical & Health, Agriculture and Non-teaching staff of Educational Institutions of Education & Welfare Departments.
b. These guidelines are not applicable to teaching staff of Education & Welfare Departments (School Education, Higher (Intermediate & collegiate) Education, Technical Education and Residential institutions etc.).
4. The requests of the employees having any charges /ACB/Vigilance cases pending against him / her shall not be considered for transfer. The authority shall indicate this fact clearly against the name of that employee if there is any request for transfer.
5. No TA / DA will be paid to the employees as these transfers are effected at their request.
6. The ban on transfers shall come into force with effect from 5th JUNE, 2018.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
MUDDADA RAVI CHANDRA
PRINCIPAL FINANCE SECRETARY (FAC)