APTET MAY-2018 NOTIFICATION FOR ONLINE APPLICATION & COMPUTER BASED TEST
Ref: 1.G.O.Ms.No.25 School Education (Exams) Department, Dt:04-05-2018
- The Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET-May, 2018) is being conducted by Department of School Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh in all 13 Districts of the State through a Computer Based Test. The objective is to ensure National Standards and benchmark of Teacher quality in the recruitment process in accordance with the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- Online applications are invited for the Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET-May, 2018) from candidates for all those aspiring to be Teachers in State Government, Mandal Parishad, Zilla Parishad, Municipality, Private Aided Schools and Private un-aided schools in Andhra Pradesh State for classes I to VIII. Govt. of India have enacted RTE Act, 2009 on 27.08.2009 titled “The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education”. Sub-Section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), New Delhi has laid down minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a Teacher for Classes I to VIII in its Principal Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 and amendments issued thereon. The minimum qualifications include a Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET). Pursuant to the said Guidelines, it has been decided to conduct Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) twice every year for all persons, who aspire to become Teachers for Classes I to VIII in all Schools (Govt. / ZP / MP / Municipal /Recognized Pvt. Aided & Pvt. Un-Aided etc.,) in the State of Andhra Pradesh in the references read above.
- All candidates who possess D.Ed. / B.Ed. / Language Pandit / U.G.D.P.Ed./ D.P.Ed./ B.P.Ed. or its equivalent qualifications and candidates pursuing final year of the said courses during the academic year 2017-2018 with requisite percentage of marks obtained as given in information bulletin of APTET can appear for APTET-2018. However, the candidates intending to seek employment as a teacher in private unaided schools shall have the option of appearing at CTET conducted by Central Government through CBSE instead of APTET, if they so desire. The candidates who did not qualify in previous TETs can also apply. Further, the candidates who got qualified in the earlier APTETs can also apply for 7th APTET-2018, if they desire improvement over their previous TET score.
- To bring in utmost transparency and accuracy in the conduct of examinations APTET 2018 will be conducted through Computer Based Test in Paper-I & Paper-II (A) & (B). The candidate who intends to be teachers for classes I to V have to appear for Paper-I and the candidates intending to be teachers for classes VI to VIII and also intends to be teachers
(Language Pandits for VI-VIII have to appear for paper-II (A). The candidate who intends to be teachers (Physical education) have to appear for the examination under Paper II (B). The candidates who intends to be teachers for all classes from I to VIII can appear for all papers,
i.e. Paper-I, Paper-II (A) & (B), as per requisite qualifications.
5. SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION:
Sessions will be enhanced are reduced basing on the number of candidates applied for the current APTET-2018 Examination.
6. Examination FEE:
The fee towards submission of application online and for the conduct of computer based examination is Rs.500/-for each Paper-I, Paper-II (A) & (B) separately. Candidates shall pay the fee through payment Gateway from 05.05.2018 to 22.05.2018 and submit online application at the APTET websitehttp://cse.ap.gov.in from 05.05.2018 to 23.05.2018. Note: If the candidate desires to apply for all papers he/she has to pay Rs.500/-for each
7. Procedure for submission of application online:
Detailed procedure for applying ONLINE is given in the Information Bulletin. Candidates can download the ‘Information Bulletin’ free of cost from the APTET website http://cse.ap.gov.in from 04.05.2018 onwards. Candidates can submit their applications online from 05.05.2018 to 23.05.2018. No candidate is allowed for Edit / Modify the application once submitted. Note:-The candidates are instructed to submit the application carefully with full awareness of notification. Any corrections / Modifications will not be considered if candidate to change or modify he/she has to pay Rs. 500/-with separate application.
8. EXAMINATION CENTERS:
The APTET 2018 shall be conducted ‘ONLINE’ in the 13 districts and centers at Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai on the above mentioned dates (i.e. 10.06.2018 to 21.06.2018). A window will be opened to the Candidates from 25.05.2018 to 29.05.2018 to opt the DISTRICT and session in the available centers indicated in the web. If once the session capacity of the centers is exhausted then the candidate should choose another date and another session at available districts. If the candidate failed to opt Examination centre in the prescribed date mentioned above, department will allot the examination centre in the available vacancies.
However, allotment of centers shall be the discretion of the department and request for change of test centers or sessions is not allowed under any circumstances.
Note: Candidate should opt in first – cum-first served basis.
9. Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates at the time of applying for APTET, May 2018 should be in possession of the minimum qualifications prescribed for a teacher for I to V classes (Paper-I) and VI to VIII classes (Paper-II (A) & (B)) as given in Information Bulletin. The candidates who are pursuing final year of any of the Teacher Education Courses recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be, during the academic year 2017-2018 can also appear for the APTET May, 2018.
However, it is clarified that appearance or a pass in APTET by itself will not vest any right on the candidate to be considered for appointment to the post of Teacher in Government / Zilla Parishad / Mandal Parishad / Municipal and Private Aided Schools, unless he is in possession of the qualifications prescribed for appointment to such post in the relevant statutory recruitment rules framed by State Government from time to time or by the said management as on the date prescribed there in. Details of qualifications prescribed for APTET are provided in the Information Bulletin.
10. Structure, Content and Syllabus of APTET:
(a) The structure and content of each part of Paper-I, Paper-II(A) The structure and content of each part of Paper-I, Paper-II(A) of the 7th APTET-2018, and the breakup of the total 150 marks among various parts of the paper are given in the Information Bulletin. Syllabus for APTET-2018 can be downloaded from http://cse.ap.gov.in.
(b) Structure, Content and Syllabus of Physical Education (Paper-II(B)) The structure and content of each part of paper-II (B) of the APTET, and the breakup of the total 150 marks among various parts of the paper are given in the Information Bulletin. The detail marks Weightage criteria procedure are given in the Information Bulletin. Syllabus for APTET can be downloaded from http://cse.ap.gov.in.
Incentive Marks shall be given to the Physical Education TET candidates under three categories as listed below.
International level participation representing India
National level Medal Winners
All India Inter University Medal Winners
All India Federation cup Medal Winners
National School Games medal Winners
National Participation representing Andhra Pradesh State
All India Inter University Participation
South Zone Inter University Participation & Medal Winners
South Zonal interstate participation & Medal Winners
National School Games participation
State Level Medal Winners(Inter District) State level School Games Medal Winners i.e. Gold, Silver and Bronze
i) If the candidate is having more than one certificate achieved at International, National or State level. The certificate secured at high level will be considered. At any rate a combination of all certificates will not be considered.
ii) Participation in veteran Championship (Master men, Master women), Invitation
tournaments, Private tournaments and occasional tournaments are not considered. iii) The list of Games and Sports for considering the incentive marks is given in Annexure. iv) 20% Weightage marks for Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) of the State Government for
Physical Education candidates will be considered on the basis of Written Marks + Incentive Marks. 20% Weightage marks will be arrived by limiting total marks to 150 only.
11. (a) Pass Criteria in TET Paper-I, Paper-II (A) & (B):
APTET May, 2018 Tentative Results will be declared on the same day of completion of examination. However the final result will be given after final key as for the scheduled mention below. The criteria for considering pass in APTET is as follows:
|i) OC||60% Marks and above|
|ii) BC||50% Marks and above|
|iii) SC/ ST/ Differently abled (PH) & Ex-servicemen||40% Marks and above|
Note 1. Differently abled (visually, orthopedically and Hearing Impaired) candidates with at least 40% of shall be considered.
2. 20% Weightage marks for Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) of the State Government for Physical Education candidates will be considered on the basis of Written Marks + Incentive Marks. 20% Weightage marks will be arrived by limiting total marks to 150 only.
12. Validity period of TET Certificate / Marks Memo:
APTET Certificate / Marks Memo shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of TET examination in accordance with NCTE Guidelines.
13. Weightage for APTET Scores in selection in District Selection Committee (DSC) Recruitments: 20% Weightage will be given to APTET scores in the ensuing Teacher Recruitment of the State Government. In other words, 20% Weightage is for APTET score and 80% Weightage for written test in Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) for drawing up the selection list.
14. Tentative Schedule of APTET-May 2018:
Download AP TET 2018 Procedure for Applying Online
Online Payment Click Here
Submit Application Click Here
Online Payment Click Here
Submit Application Click Here