THE NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL 2.0 (NSP 2.0)
1. Ministry/ Department Name: Ministry of Human Resource Development/ Department of School Education and Literacy
2. List of Schemes covered under the Academic Year 2018-19
(a) National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) for following project years:
|Exam Date||Project Year||Class||Scholarship|
3. Verification Workflow of Schemes:
|S. No||Name of the scheme||Workflow to be followed in State/UT concerned|
|1||National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)||Student->School->District ->State|
4. Share point-wise details of the Schemes along with eligibility & entitlement:
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)
- The objective is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at secondary stage.
- One lakh scholarships of Rs.12,000/- per annum (Rs.1000/- per month) per student are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in State Government, Government-aided and Local body schools under the scheme.
- There is quota of scholarships for different States/UTs. State-wise details of Quota of Scholarship enclosed.
- The scholarship will be disbursed in one instalment in a year by the State Bank of India directly by electronic transfer into the accounts of students through Public Financial Management System (PFMS). The quarterly basis payment pattern will no longer be applicable for the scholarship.
- Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum are eligible to avail the scholarships.
- There is reservation as per State Government norms.
- The selection of students for award of scholarships under the scheme is made through an examination conducted by the State Governments.
- The students shall have minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST). The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 per cent marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
- Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination consists of the following two tests.
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- The students must pass NMMSS Exam with an aggregate of Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and Mental Ability Test (MAT) to be taken together at minimum of 40% (32% for SC/ST students).
- 100% funds are provided by the Central Government for the Scheme.
5. Define Scheme-wise Process Flow (From applying the students to Scholarship disbursement)
School verification District level verification Submission by States on NSP -- > Sanction officer and PFMS --> SBI, New Delhidisbursement of Scholarship to Students by SBI, New Delhi
6. Define Scheme-wise Stakeholders as per the above process flow:
|Student/Applicant of academic year 2018-19||To register on NSP.|
|School / Institution||Verify student application submitted by student|
|District||Verify student application submitted by School|
|Central Government Ministries /Departments||Responsible for Implementing scholarship Schemes|
|Ministry Nodal Officer||Responsible for taking relevant approvals in the Ministry.|
|State Nodal Officer||Responsible for submission of data verified by districts|
|Verification Officers||Responsible for Scrutiny and Approval for the Student Applications|
|Sanction Officer||Responsible for Sanction and release of funds to SBI.|
|PAO / PFMS||Responsible for the Release of funds from the Ministry to Banks, New Delhi.|
|Bank||Disbursement of Scholarships/Incentive amount into Students bank accounts.|
|Help Desk||Provide Support to the Students at all times relating to Student Application Issues, Form Submissions, Technical Errors handling, Enquiries and other Administrative tasks.|
|NIC Project Team||Responsible for Developing and Maintaining the Web based Application for NSP 2.0|
7. Scheme-wise Roles & Responsibility of Stakeholders:
- Application Submission/ registration on NSP. The following points are to be noticed while registration/application:
The students of previous academic year i.e. 2017-18, who had applied on National Scholarship Portal last year for class-IX, X and XI of the project year 2017-18 (NMMSS Exam held on Nov. 2016), 2016-17 (NMMSS Exam held on Nov. 2015) and 2015-16 (NMMSS Exam held on Nov. 2014) respectively are not required to register themselves or create new registration ID again on the NSP Portal i.e. the registration IDs of last year (2017-18) will be applicable. The already registered students have to select the option “Apply for Renewal” for applying the scholarship for classes-X, XI and XII of the project year 2017-18 (NMMSS Exam held on Nov. 2016), 2016-17 (NMMSS Exam held on Nov. 2015) and 2015-16 (NMMSS Exam held on Nov. 2014) respectively.
The students, who had not applied on NSP Portal, are required to register themselves with the option “New Registration” on the NSP Portal and then select the option “Login to Apply”.
The students of project year 2018-19 (NMMSS Exam held in Nov. 2017) applying on NSP Portal for class-IX are required to enter “NMMSS Roll No.” mandatorily”.
The students applying for class-IX and X have to select the Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme while the students applying for class-XI and XII have to select the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme during application.
For School / Institution:
- Student Application Verification and submission of application to District Education officer (LEVEL-1 VERIFICATION)
For District Nodal Officer:
- Provide User Id’s & Passwords (for school) Verification Module (LEVEL-2 VERIFICATION) Edit Application, MIS Reports
For State Nodal Officer:
- Provide User Id’s & Passwords (for district as well as school), MIS Reports and submission of beneficiaries list on NSP and overall coordination.
FOR MINISTRY –
- Provide User Id’s & Passwords Ministries can Add New Schemes Modify existing schemes Content Management System (CMS ) Masters configuration services Configure workflow –State Specific/Central Govt. Specific Configure existing Schemes – Both At Central and State Level Create Customized Application Form Based on Requirements Configurable Verification Workflows at various Levels Administer/Monitor/Review –Implementation of Scholarship Schemes Digital Dash Boards for all the Users MIS Reports Security Feature Enabled Release Services
8. Scheme-wise Documents to be required / uploaded on NSP:
9. Please Specify Nodal Officer: Central Ministry / Department Level-
|S. No.||Name||Designation||Ministry / Department||Mobile|
|1||Shri T.S Rautela||Deputy Secretary||Ministry of HRDemail@example.com||011-23383193|
|2||Shri Vinayak T. Likhar||Under Secretary||Ministry of HRD||Vinayak.firstname.lastname@example.org||011-23381782
Download NMMS - NSP PORTAL 2.0 GUIDELINES