Sub: Estt. - School Education - Teacher Vacancies from 01.06.2014 to 31.10.2018 in all categories - Information - Requested - Regarding.
1) G.O.Ms.No.320 MA&UD (DI) Department, dated:07.12.2016
2) G.O.Ms.No.322 MA&UD (Dl) Department, dated:07.12.2016
3) G.O.Ms.No.323 MA&UD (01) Department, dated:07.12.20l6
4) G.O.Ms.No.324 MA&UD (01) Department, dated:07.l2.20l6
5) Lr.Roc.No;768/TRC-1/2017, dated.05.12.2017 of the Commissioner of School Education, AP,.Vijayawada.
6) This office LLRoc.No.4208/2017/J3, dt.07.l2.2017.
7) Lr.Roc.No.1557112017/A4, dated .12.2017 of the ROMA, Guntur
8) Lr.Rco.No.90/2017/A2, dated 11.12.2017 of the RDMA... , Rajahmundry
I invite your attention to the references cited. In the reference 6th cited, all the RDMAs in the
State were requested to furnish the vacancies position including Backlog vacancies allocated to Direct Recruitment during the period 01.06.2014 to 31.10.2018 including future retirements as the Government is issuing DSC-2018 notification for recruitment of Teachers.
2. In the references ih & 8th cited, the RDMAs of Guntur and Rajahmundry have sought for
clarification on the following:
"As Service Rules for Teachers working in Municipalities and Municipal Corporations are
framed, whether fresh Roster Points to be taken for the above vacancies of Direct Recruitment or ULB Roster Point to be continued".
3. The AP Municipalities/ Corporations Educational Subordinate Service Rules 2016 for all the
Categories of Teachers working in Municipal Schools states as follows:
Rule 6 - Method of Appointment:
The appointing authority for the posts of Classes I to IV for all categories concerned is "Regional Director of Municipal Administration" except in case of GVMC & VMC (vide
G.O.Ms.No.320, 322, 323 and 324 of MA&UD (D1) Dept., dated 07.12.2016)
Rule 8 : Conditions for Appointment:
Sub Rule (2) - Wherever the method of appointment to any post in this service is both by direct
recruitment and appointment by promotion, one-third of the total numbers of vacancies including temporary vacancies arising or existing at any point of time in any category shall be filled by direct recruitment. Out of every three vacancies that arise in any category, the second vacancy shall be filled by direct recruitment.
Rule 9: .Direct Recruitment:
The procedure of recruitment to vacant posts in various categories of teachers meant for
direct recruitment shall be as per the procedure prescribed by the Government from time to time.
Rule 10 : Rule of Reservation in Appointments:
(I) The rule of special representation under General Rule 22 of the Andhra Pradesh State and
Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 as amended from time to time shall apply to the appointment by
Direct Recruitment to all posts in the service.
(2) In the matter of direct recruitment to any category of any class in the service, one third of
posts in each category of OC, BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC-E, SC, ST, Physically Challenged
and Ex-servicemen personnel shall be reserved for women.
Rule 15 : Unit of Appointment and Transfer:
For the purpose of recruitment, appointment, seniority, discharge for want of vacancy,
promotion, transfer and reappointment, the unit of appointment shall be specified in the table.
Class Category Unit of Appointment and Transfer
I 1 Revenue District Concerned
II 1 to 14 Revenue District Concerned
III 1 to 19 Revenue District Concerned
IV 1 Revenue District Concerned
4. In the above circumstances and as per the Service Rules of Municipal Teachers mentioned
above.. the ROMAs are the competent authorities to submit the consolidated vacancies for direct
recruitment duly following a fresh roster, since the Revenue District concerned is one unit for
5. Therefore, I request all the RDMAs in the State to furnish the information pertains to Teacher vacancies from 01.06.2014 to 31.10.2018 along with roster points under control of the Municipal Administration in an Districts in the State in the proforma already communicated, to this office by today evening by 04.00 PM, both soft & ink singed hard copies, without fail, so as to furnish the same to the School Education Department, for taking further necessary action in the