G.O.MS.No. 176 Dated: 12-10-2017
1. G.O.Ms No.262, Fin&Plg (FW.PSC) Department, dt.23.11.1998.
2. G.O.Ms No.263, Fin&Plg (FW.PSC) Department, dt.23.11 .1998
3. G.O.Ms No.97, Fin (HR) Department, dt.23.11.1998
4. G.O.Ms No.111, Fin (HR) Department, dt.23.11.1998 5. DTA Office letter No: H3/7218/2017, dt. 03.03.2017
6. Memo No.517608/63/HR.V/2017, Finance (HR.V) Department, dt. 18.7.2017 7. DTA Office letter No.H3/7218/2017, dt. 07.09.2017
The Government vide G.O. 2nd read above have issued detailed instructions on the procedure for preparation and sanction of pension proposals of retired State Government employees. As per the existing procedure, the retiring employee or the family of the employee, in case of those employees who died while in service have to submit Part – I of application along with descriptive rolls and nomination forms in 5 sets. Such a filled in applications has to be submitted in the Office where his/her salaries are drawn, for further process; then the Office shall fill in Part – II (A) which contains the details of the applicant along with pension calculation sheet and Part – II (C) relevant information for apportionment of expenditure based on the length of service rendered in combined state and residuary state of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana State, in view of re-organization of state. The Head of office last working station shall sanction the pension in Part –II (B) of the said application duly verifying the details available in part – II (A) with reference to the Service Register, if that Officer is the pension sanctioning authority, otherwise the pension papers will be forwarded to sanctioning authority through proper channel for sanction of pension in Part – II (B). The sanctioning authority forwards the pension papers along with sanction order in duplicate to the Accountant General or District Audit Officer of respective district, as the case may be, along with Service Register of the applicant.
2. The Accountant General/ District Audit Officer verifies the correctness of proposals with reference to Service Register authorises Pension Payment order, Gratuity Payment Order, Commutation Payment Order as applicable.
3. The DTA vide ref 5th cited, has stated that the entire process from submission of pension request by the applicant to release of PPO by the AG/District Audit Officer is completely manual now, as such, it has the following disadvantages:
i.. The individuals have no facility to track the status of pension papers filed by them.
ii. The Government cannot derive statistics on the number of pensions pending at different levels.
iii.The Government have no record on number of pensions that are going to be released by the AG/DAO, resulting in failure to assess future commitment on new pensions.
iv. The DTA has developed an I.T. application for preparation and submission of pension papers by the retiring employee/ dependents and process them by respective processing and sanctioning authorities duly integrating them with existing HRMS package. The proposed system has the following advantages:
i. SMS alerts to all the employees retiring in next 6 months reminding them to submit pension proposals.
ii. The Part-I format of application is made available at Cyber treasury portal and Part-II is made available at the D.D.O. request option of the HRMS portal.
iii. Data available in HRMS will be linked so as the data entry can be minimized.
iv. Office level work-flow is embedded.
v. Electronic data can be shared with AG/District Audit Officers, if they are ready to integrate with this application.
vi. Integration with A.G./ D.T.A. can be made to fetch the data on issue of PPOs/GPOs/CVPs.
vii. Integration with existing Pension Payment system so as to eliminate data entry at Treasuries.
viii. Eliminates scope for submission of pension proposals in the name of bogus/ineligible persons as it is linked with HRMS.
5. The Government after careful examination of the matter here by order that the pension papers preparation and sanction process in respect of employees retiring on or before 31-10-2017 and yet to submit pension proposals in School Education, Agriculture and Treasuries and Accounts Departments be processed only through the said I.T. application. On generation of Pension proposals in this application, the Sanctioning Authority shall download the completed applications and forward it to the respective Pension Authorizing Authority as per existing procedure. The DTA shall review the application and make necessary changes as required based on the feedback from the three pilot departments and send a comprehensive proposal for implementation of this applications across all departments w.e.f. 01-01-2018.
6. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall make necessary arrangements to extend support to the users of the application by providing user manuals, support team, trainings to facilitate smooth pilot run.
7. The Commissioner of School Education, Commissioner of Agriculture and Director of Treasuries and Accounts are requested to ensure that the application is used strictly in their departments and provide feedback to DTA from time to time.