AP Grama Panchayat Elections 2020 Duties:
Returning Officer (Stage-I):
1. Issue of public notice of election under Rule 6 of Conduct of Election Rules.
2. Receipt of nomination papers.
3. Publication of list of nominations received.
4. Scrutiny of nomination papers.
5. Recording of reasons in brief for rejecting any nomination paper.
6. Publication of list of validly nominated candidates.
7. Receipt of notice of withdrawal of candidates. 8. Publication of list of contesting candidates.
9. Allotment of symbols to contesting candidates.
Returning Officer (Stage-II):
1. Despatch of postal ballot papers and issue of EDC (Election Duty Certificate).
2. Visiting the Gram Panchayat and inspecting the polling stations.
3. Giving training to the polling staff allotted to Gram Panchayat.
4. Establishing contact with the contesting candidates and political parties to ensure free, fair and smooth elections.
5. Receiving the entire polling material required for conduct of elections to the office of Sarpanch and Members of Gram Panchayat from the distribution centre at the Mandal level and re-distribute the same to his Presiding Officers.
6. Supervise the setting up of polling stations and other poll arrangements in his Gram Panchayats.
7. Dispatch of polling parties for the conduct of the poll and supply of election materials to them.
8. Effective supervision of the poll and sending reports to the State Election Commission / Election Authority / District Election Authority.
9. Counting of Votes.
10. Declaration of result.
11. Conduct of election of Upa-Sarpanch.
12. Issue of certificates of elections to the elected candidates.
13 Handing over of all sealed covers containing used and unused ballot papers and other stationery and prescribed covers to the election authority at Mandal level after completion of elections.