Sub: Mid Day Meal Scheme – Establishment of Centralized Kitchens – supply of Hygiene and Healthy hot cooked meals to the children –permission to establish – Orders issued- Regarding.
Read : 1. CSE Procs.Rc.No.150/ MDM/2017 date :08-05-208
2. Letter Dated .07.06.2019 from M/S Ekta Shakth foundation , New Delhi
All the District District Educational Officers are informed that based on the orders of the Government Permission was accorded to the Agencies for established of Centralized Kitchens in 71 identified clusters in the State in addition to the existing kitchens. Necessary instructions have been issued in the reference 1st read above permitting the DEO to enter into an MOU with the Agency after conforming the fulfillment of required infrastructure facilities in the kitchen as per norms.
The M/S. Ekta Shakthi in its letter 2nd read above has requested for according permission to open 6 kitchens in the following clusters:
- Mandapata, East Godavari
- Kanuru, West Godavari
- Darsi, Prakasam
- Chirala, Prakasam
- Kandukuru, Prakasam,
- Markapur, Prakasam.
In view of the above circumstances line the District Educational Officers concerned are requested to accord necessary permissions to the Agencies for supply of Mid- Day Meals to the children subject to fulfillment of the following:
- Inspect the kitchens with a team, examine the capability of the equipment and work force and establish the capability of the Agency to serve meals by the Agency.
- Permit only after confirming that the Agency has provided the required infrastructure and vehicles, insulated containers to carry meals as per guidelines.
- Permit the Agency to serve the meals to the children to the extent of its ability to serve meals (not more tan 20kms radius).
- Ensure that the schools, Which are at reachable distance to the Kitchen, are only permitted for serving meals by the Agency.
- The required food grains are supplied to that Agency as per required.
- The School Management Committee. Parents Teacher Association shall also be privileged to supervise the supply of the cooked meal.