FINANCE (PENSION-I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No 30 Dated:21-02-2019
Read the following:
Ref:- 1.G.O.MS.No.51, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 08.05.2015
2.G.O.Ms.No.75, GA (SC.A) Department, dated 28.05.2018.
3.G.O. MS.No.11, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated.
4. G.O.Ms. No.21, Finance (PC-TA) Department, dated 18.02.2019
In the G.O 2nd read above, orders were issued appointing the Pay Revision Commissioner and also laying down the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commission. Review of existing pension structure is also one of the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commissioner.
2. Pending recommendations of the Pay Revision Commissioner, in the G.O.4th read above, Government issued orders to all State Government employees who are drawing pay in Revised Pay Scales, 2015 at the rate of 20% of the basic pay with effect from 1.07.2018 notionally and with monetary benefit from 01.04.2019 payable in June, 2019 subject to terms and conditions laid down therein.
3. As the review of existing pension structure is also one of the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commission, Government has considered it appropriate to sanction Interim Relief to the Pensioners also pending recommendations of the Pay Revision Commission in this regard.
4. Accordingly, Government hereby sanctioned Interim Relief at the rate of 20% of the basic pension notionally w.e.f 01.07.2018. Monetary benefit will be w.e.f.01.04.2019 and payable in the month of June 2019 to the Govt. pensioners who are currently drawing pay in the Revised Scales of Pay 2015 subject to the following terms and conditions:
(a) Interim Relief shall be shown as a separate element. No Dearness Relief on this element shall be admissible. Interim Relief involving a fraction of rupee will be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
(c) The Interim Relief sanctioned shall be fully adjusted against and included in the package, which may become admissible to the pensioner/ family pensioner as a result of Government decision on the final report of the Pay Revision Commissioner.
5. The Interim Relief ordered above shall apply to:
(a) (i) those who retired from service after 01.07.2013 drawing pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015;
(ii) those who retired prior to 01.7.2013 and whose pension was consolidated in the light of orders issued in the G.O. 1st read above;
(b) Jagir and Estate Pensioners and
(c) Service pensioners or Family pensioners in respect of the categories mentioned at para 2(c) of the GO 4th cited and who are governed by AP Revised Pension Rules, 1980.
6. These orders are not applicable to:
(i) The pensioners who retired while drawing UGC /AICTE and ICAR Scales.
(ii) Financial assistance grantees who are not getting Dearness Relief.
(iii) Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the members of the A.P. State Higher Judicial Service and A.P. State Judicial Service.
(iv) Pensioners/Family Pensioners whose pension was consolidated in the light of the orders issued vide G.O. Ms. No.54, Higher Education (UD.II) Department, Dated 08.06.2011, G.O. (P) No.95 Finance (Pension.I) Department, Dated 01.08.2010 and G.O.Ms. No.31, Higher Education (UE.II) Department, dated 24.05.2013
7. The term pension for the purpose of calculation of above Interim Relief:
(i) Pension/ Family Pension in case of pre 1.7.2013 retirees and where family pension was sanctioned prior to 1.7.2013 means the consolidated pension or consolidated family pension in terms of G.O 1st read above.
(ii) In the case of pensioners who retire from service on or after 1.7.2013 or where family pension is sanctioned for the first time on or after 1.7.2013. Pension/ Family Pension means the basic pension/ basic family pension as the case may be.
8. In case of pensioners in receipt of more than one pension, the Interim Relief shall be calculated on both the pensions.
9. If any pensioner is re-employed/ employed under the State or Central Government or any Public Enterprise or Autonomous Body under the control of State or Central Government, he/she shall not be eligible to draw Interim Relief on Pension/Family Pension during the period of such re-employment/employment.
10. All the Treasury Officers/ Pension Payment Officers shall work out and make payments of Interim Relief on pension sanctioned in this order without waiting for further authorization/ instructions from the Accountant General (A&E), A.P., Hyderabad in terms of the orders issued in G.O.(P) No.270 Finance & Planning (FW: PSC.I) Department dated 7.10.1986.
11. The expenditure is allocable among the various States in accordance with provisions of Rule 24 of the incidence of pension rules in Appendix – IIIB of the Andhra Pradesh Accounts Code, Volume-I.