SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 20 Dated:12.02.2019
From the Commissioner of School Education, A.P., Amaravati, Lr.Rc.No.33/MDM/2018, dt:10.07.2018.
* * *
In the reference read above, the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. has stated that Government of AP is implementing the Mid-Day meal program under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
2. The Commissioner of School Education has further stated that 88,296 Cook-cum-Helpers are presently working under MDM scheme in the State and the State Government is following the MHRD norms for engaging the Cook-cum-Helpers in the Schools. As per the GoI norms, the Cook- cum-Helpers are being paid honorarium of Rs.1,000/- per month (In 60:40 ratio as Central and State share respectively). From the month of September, 2017 the honorarium is being paid through Centralized Payment System. The Cook-cum-Helpers (CCHs) working under Mid-Day Meal Scheme are frequently demanding for enhancement of honorarium.
3. The State Level Steering-cum-Monitoring Committee (SSMC) meeting was held on 06.03.2018 to review the implementation of MDM scheme and to make necessary recommendation for PAB 2018-19. "Enhancement of honorarium to Cook-cum-Helpers" is one of the issues taken up by the SSMC. The SSMC has opined that the honorarium being paid to the Cook-cum-Helpers is very meager and need to be enhanced as per existing rules/norms.
4. The Commissioner of School Education, AP has further stated that the matter was placed before Govt. of India during PAB meeting. The Commissioner of School Education, AP has meanwhile, requested to issue necessary orders to enhance the honorarium of Cook-cum-Helpers.
5. In the circumstances stated by the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. in the reference read above and after careful examination of the matter, Government hereby enhance honorarium from Rs.1000/- to Rs.3000/- per month from 01.02.2019 to Cook-cum-Helpers working under Mid Day meal Scheme and to meet the expenditure under the head of account 2202-01-112--06-05-310/312.
6. The Commissioner of School Education, A.P. shall take further action accordingly.
7. This orders issues with the concurrence of the Finance (FMU-School Edn) Dept vide their U.O.No.41022/166/2018, dated:12.02.2019.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
ADITYA NATH DAS
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENTDownload G.O copy