Rc.No.6441A&I/2018 Dated: 20.08.2018
Sub: School Education - incessant rains and floods - Safety of children & Health measures - Action to be taken by the field functionaries Instructions - Issued
All the under mentioned officers are well aware of the present situation of incessant rains and floods in some of the districts in A.P. State. It is pertinent to take immediate steps for the safety of school children and to maintain good health during the present situation. Hence, the following instructions are issued.
1. The Educational Institutions in the state should ensure that there shall be no drinking water contaminated due to polluted with rain water in their school primaries.
2. To ensure provision of safe and protected drinking water convergence with Gram panchayath authorities
3. All Headmasters should get cleared stagnated water in the school premises so as to prevent mosquito menace and possible dengue and malaria.
4. Take immediate measures for shifting of school children, where school buildings are in dilapidated and poor conditions in the vicinity, so as to avoid any damage due to collapse of unsafe structure.
5. Make arrangements for availability of first aid kits in convergence with ANM of Medical & Health Department
6. Take special care for preparation of mid day meal m hygienic conditions and to ensure that hot meal is served.
7. Take necessary and immediate remedial measures m case of exigencies.
All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State are requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously and keep regular contact with higher authorities from time to time.