BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (B) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 12 Dated: 26-06-2018
Read the following:
- G.O.Ms.No.13, BC Welfare (B) Department, dated:08.06.2017.
- From the Director, BC Welfare, A.P., Vijayawada.Lr.Rc.No.D4/853/2017, dt:09.02.2018.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh is committed to the nurturing & fostering of inclusive growth in the State, as part of its development agenda for the State and has incorporated the same in its Vision 2029 document.
- Further, as an integral part of the mission based strategy under the Social Empowerment Mission, the Government of Andhra Pradesh is seeking to inter-alia improve the educational attainment levels of the children, belonging to the communities included in the Backward Classes in the State & in providing better opportunities to them for accessing quality education.
- Andhra Pradesh is a pioneering State in the country, in the residential mode of education, and the residential institutions in the State are facilitating a better & holistic educational environment, increased levels of educational attainment across multiple benchmark parameters and exposure to diverse cocurricular & extracurricular activities leading to the complete personality development of the children. Recognizing the superior ecosystem provided by the residential system of education & its’ transformational potential, especially in the context of children belonging to the marginalized Backward Classes families, the Government have decided to convert all the BC Welfare Pre-Matric hostels in the State into Residential Schools in a phased manner.
- As a step in the above direction, in the reference 1st read above, Government have issued orders for the conversion of BC Welfare Hostels in the State into (65) BC Residential schools, in a phased manner, by admitting (960) students in each school.
- In the reference 2nd read above, the Director, BCW, A.P., Vijayawada has furnished a comprehensive proposal for the sanction of the (65) New BC
- Residential Schools in the State, duly identifying the proposed locations for the new residential schools.
- Government, after careful examination of the proposal of the Director of BC Welfare, hereby accord administrative sanction for (65) New BC Residential Schools in the State, under the Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Andhra Pradesh Backward Classes Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society(MJPAPBCWREIS), with Classes 5th to 10th & with (960) students in each School to commence from the academic year 2018-19, as per the locations mentioned below:
|Sl.No||District||Constituency||Location of the MJPAPBC Residential School||Boys/ Girls|
|5||Srikakulam||Tekkali||Nimmada (V), Kotabommali (M)||Boys|
|10||Gajapathinagaram||Gantyada (V) & (M)||Girls|
|15||Bobbili||Karada (V),Bobbili (M)||Boys|
|17||Pendurthi||Peddanarava (V), Pendurthi (M)||Boys|
|25||Rajahmundry Rural||Rajahmundry Rural||Girls|
|61||Raya Durgam||D. Hirehal (Raya Durgam)||Boys|
Government also authorize the Secretary, MJPAPBCWREIS to incur the following expenditure for operationalizing the (65) New B.C. Residential Schools from the funds provided to the Society in B.E. 2018-19, under the Head of account: 2225-Welfare of SCs, STs and OBCs; 03-Welfare of BCs; MH (277)Education- GH(11)-State Development Schemes-SH(21)-MJPAPBCWREIS:
|Sl.No||Name of the expenditure||Per school per annum||For 65 Schools per annum|
|2||Non-recurring expenditure||Rs. 30,10,000.00||Rs. 19,56,50,000.00|
- The Director of BC Welfare & the Secretary, MJPAPBCWREIS are directed to take immediate necessary steps for operationalizing the new B.C. Residential Schools and finalizing the modalities for the admission of the boarders, renting of premises, deputation of staff, etc. The Secretary, MJPAPBCWREIS is directed to send proposal to the Government, at an early date, for a) Sanction of teaching and non-teaching posts, for each residential school, as per the standard staffing pattern, and the budget requirement & b) Sanction of budget, under the Capital Head of Account, for taking up the construction of the permanent buildings for the new residential schools, along with the details of the type design, detailed estimates and executing agency.
- The Secretary, MJPAPBCWREIS and all District Collectors are also directed to identify suitable sites for taking up the construction of the (65) New B.C. Residential Schools sanctioned in this order.
- The Director of B.C. Welfare, the Secretary, MJPAPBCWREIS & all the District Collectors are hereby directed to take all the necessary steps for operationalizing the (65) New B.C. Residential Schools sanctioned in this order, from the academic year 2018-19.
This order is issued with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their
U.O. No. FIN01-40027/24/2018-SO(FMU-WF.II), Dated:11.04.2018.