SOCIAL WELFARE (Edn.1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 68 Dated: 28-05-2018
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.2, SW(Edn.1) Dept., dated:17-01-2015.
2. G.O.Ms.No.28, SW(Edn.1) Dept., dated:16-05-2015
3. Minutes of the meeting of Common Selection Committee constituted under
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme held on 04-06-2015.
4. Minutes of the HoDs of the Welfare Departments held on 19-04-2017 on
common modalities to be adopted in all Welfare Department.
5. From the DSW, AP Lr.No.A2/850/2017, dt:15-11-2017
6. From the DSW, AP Lr.No.A2/850/2017, dt:18-04-2018
In the G.O. 1st read above, the Government have sanctioned a new scheme of “NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing professional guidance for Civil Services Examinations to the SC students through reputed Institutions, in order to ensure that SC students reach the higher echelon of administration and to facilitate their entry in the Civil Services.
2. In the references 5th & 6th read above, the Director of Social Welfare, AP has stated that an amount of Rs.8000/- is being paid towards stipend to the students per month for (9) months and he has requested the Government for the enhancement of stipend keeping in view the current inflated expenses and cost of living in New Delhi and other Metro Cities. The Director of Social Welfare has proposed the enhancement of stipend from Rs.8000/- to Rs.10,000/- per month for (9) months in respect of the institutions located in Hyderabad & in other Metro Cities and Rs.12,000/- per month in respect of the institutions located in New Delhi.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby enhance and fix the stipend to the students under the NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme to Rs.10,000/- per month for (9) months in respect of the institutions located in Hyderabad & in other Metro Cities, and Rs.12,000/- per month for (9) months in respect of the institutions located in New Delhi.
4. The Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi shall take all the necessary accordingly.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (FMU-Welfare-1) Department, vide
their UO No.39027/35/(FMU-WF-1)/2018 , dt:07-05-2018.