MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (D1) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.14, MA&UD (D1) Dept., Dt:02.01.2017.
2. From the DMA, A.P., Guntur, Lr.Roc.No.7176/2016/J2, dated.30-11-2017.
In the reference 1st read above, orders have been issued converting all the existing Telugu Medium Municipal Schools into English Medium Schools from 1st standard to 10th Standard irrespective of the students strength as well as Teachers strength with immediate effect. Further, it was decided not to make this provision of conversion of Telugu Medium into English Medium applicable to 10th class for the Academic year 2016-17.
2. On proper analysis of the situation after the introduction of English medium, it has been found out that there has been overwhelming support for the English medium sections from classes I to V. But in High Schools, there seem to be a demand for continuing Telugu Medium as parallel sections as some students find it difficult to immediately switch over to English medium.
3. Keeping the difficulties of the students in mind, and Government, after careful examination of the entire issue, it is decided and accordingly, order to continue the Telugu Medium Sections parallel to English Medium sections from 1st to 10th classes in all the Municipal schools in Andhra Pradesh.
4. The Director of Municipal Administration, Andhra Pradesh, Guntur shall take further necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT