|Ref:||1. Memo No 420155/Prog.2II/AI/2016, dt.3-2-2017.of Principal Secretary,|
|School Education Department, Andhra Pradesh|
|2. Lr.R.C.NO 637/B/TE/SCERT/2017, Dt.4-11-2016, of CSE, AP.|
|3. Proceedings of the Director, SCERT, Andhra Pradesh, Dt.7-3-2017.|
All the District Educational Officers and Regional Joint Directors of School Education in the State are informed that vide reference 1st cited above that the Assessment Cell is established in SCERT. The basic purpose of the Assessment Cell is to assess, analyze and disseminate the performance of students on a regular basis. In reference to the 3'd cited above, the notification for 10 Subject expert positions for State Assessment Cell and 3 subject expert positions in the DCEB of each district has already been issued. Through a rigorous selection process consisting of an online exam and 2-day hiring exercise on May 15 and 16, seven positions of the State Assessment Cell have been selected.
Unfortunately, due to very little number of applications, no suitable candidate was found for State level Subject expert position in Telugu and Social Science.
A new round of selection procedure has been decided for Telugu and Social Sciences Subject Expert positions. Interested teachers (Social Sciences and Telugu subjects) as per qualifications in annexure may apply online.
Therefore, all the DEOs and RJDSEs are instructed to issue proceedings to all the schools/DIETs/lASEs and give wide publicity through display in the notice board of their schools and offices. The application will be open for exactly one week-request widespread publicity and motivation to get the best candidates for these positions.
The details relating to the Assessment cell and application guidelines and procedures can be viewed at https://apassessmentcell.in from 03.06.2017
All the District Educational Officers in the State
All the RJDSEs in the State.
Copy submitted to the Commissioner of School Education, Andhra Pradesh for information.
The dossier of selection procedure for the appointment of Telugu and Social Studies Subject Experts ONLY at State Assessment Cell.
Government of Andhra Pradesh through Memo No. 420I55/Prog.2I1/A1/2016, dt.3-2-2017 has permitted to establish Assessment Cell in SCERT, Andhra Pradesh with the support of external partners i.e., Centre Square Foundation (CSF), Centre for Science of Student Learning (CSSL) and Samagra.
Andhra Pradesh seeks to establish a forward-looking, reform-oriented Assessment cell. The Assessment cell will have a team of highly motivated and qualified staff who will be trained in specialized skills in assessments and learning research to drive the entire reform process. This will make Andhra Pradesh a role model in the country with best-in-class, in-house assessment capacity that enables the highest quality standards of education. Accordingly, an MoU has been signed with all the external partners mentioned above for their support in Andhra's vision.
I. Goals and objectives of the Assessment Cell are:
- To provide an extremely clear picture of learning in Andhra Pradesh through robust and diagnostic as achievement surveys.
- To conduct high quality learning assessment for all students in different subject areas
- To develop high end expertise in the field of assessments and learning research
- To build long term system and institutional capacity through an assessment cell comprising personnel who will be professionally developed for enhancing the quality of all the activities currently undertaken by the evaluation wing
- To strengthen the capacities of the evaluation wing for a smooth roll out of all learning assessments being planned and conducted at state level
- To strengthen the methodology in designing the assessment tools (test papers and background questionnaires) so that data is amenable for actionable insights
- To strengthen data analysis to derive actionable insights, which will be inputs for teacher training and pedagogy
- To communicate and educate teachers and administrators on the quality of learning
- To improve report dissemination, all the ways to school, so that the interventions are effectively executed in the class rooms
- To track the effectiveness of the Assessment Cell over time in improving the learning outcomes.
II. To improve the usage of technology in the work flow of the Assessment Celr and leveraging the data from the assessment
II. Staff Pattern at State Level (housed at SCERT) (ONLY for Social Studies and Telugu positions):
|SLNo||Subject||Primary Section||High School Section|
III. Desirable Qualifications and experience of teachers to be appointed in the State Assessment Cell
|SI. No||Name of the Post||Required Qualifications||Desirable Continuous Teaching Experience|
|1||Social Sciences||M.A History/ Economics/Political||M.Ed||M.Phil/ Ph.D.||M.S. Office (Word, Excel, PPT)||Minimum 5 years|
|2||Telugu||M.A. Telugu||M.Ed||M.Phil/ Ph.D.||M.S. Office (Word, Excel, PPT)||Minimum 5 years|
- The notification is ONLY for Telugu and Social Studies Subject Expel1s at State Assessment Cell level. All the other subject expert positions are filled through the previous round of selection process
- The selected candidates must have the willingness and be able to study online courses independently related to assessment frameworks, test administration practices and measurement and testing as designed by CSSL [partner]
- Final decision on selection of State Level Assessment cell members will be taken by a Steering Committee composed of Principal Secretary, Commissioner DSE, SSA SPD, Director SCERT and representatives from external partners
- All selected candidates at the State Level Assessment cell, will undertake a 3-year, Large Scale Assessment Certification course program, consisting of 13 course papers and a final capstone project as administered by CSSL.
IV. Selection Procedure:
Candidates applying for Telugu and Social Studies subject expert positions will go through the selection procedure as below. Interested candidates should apply online only.
Application portal is open on https://apassessmentcell.in from 02.06.17 2 Please ensure the application form is filled completely and thoroughly-first round of basic screening will be on the application only
3 Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Recruitment day, which will consist of a Computer Based Test, subject specific exercises and interviews with an expert team from Center for Science of Student Learning (CSSL)
4 The selected candidates must declare their willingness to complete the course materials and relevant assignments on-time, in a quality manner and contribute actively to the reform oriented process-the same will have to be indicated in an online form
V. Time Line for recruitment:
|1||Commencement of applications online on https://apassessmentcell.in||03-06-2017|
|2||Last date for applications||10-06-2017|
|3||Shortlisting of applicants for recruitment day (TENTATIVE)||13-06-2017|
|4||Recruitment day (TENTATIVE)||17-06-2017|
|5||Announcement of Results and final selection (TENTATIVE)||20-06-2017|