G.O.MS.No. 242 Dated: 24-12-2018
Read the following:
Read the following:
- Representation from the President, A.P. Panchayat Raj Ministerial Employees Association State Unit, dt.03.03.2014, 27.09.2017, 15.02.2018.
- Govt. Memo.No.3286/Estt.VA/2014-2, dt.21.10.2014 &28.02.2017.
- From the Commissioner, PR&RD, Lr.No.9176/CPR&RD/ C2/2013,
- dt.16.02.2015 and 3.11.2017.
O R D E R:
The President, A.P. Panchayat Raj Ministerial Employees Association State Unit, in his representation 1st read above, has represented that the post of Superintendent in the office of the District Panchayat Officer has been conferred gazetted status and also re-designated as Administrative Officer. Similarly, the post of Extension Officer (PR&RE) working in Mandal Praja Parishad which was previously equal to that of Superintendent in MPP & ZPP, has also been conferred gazetted status. Therefore, the Association has requested to issue orders conferring the gazetted status to the post of Superintendent working in Mandal Praja Parishad / Zilla Praja Parishad.
- In the letter 3rd read above, the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development has informed that, while comparing the promotional avenues to the Senior Assistants working in Mandal Revenue Office and MPP / ZPP, duties and responsibilities attached to the posts of Deputy Tahsildar in Mandal Revenue Office and Administrative Officer in District Panchayat Office to that of Senior Assistant in MPP/ZPP Office, has reported that the Senior Assistant working in Mandal Revenue Office is appointed by promotion to the post of Deputy Tahsildar which is gazetted post. Senior Assistant working in MPP/ZPP is appointed by promotion to the post of Administrative Officer in the office of the District Panchayat Officer which is also gazetted post. Further, Senior Assistant working in MPP/ZPP who opt for promotion to the post of Extension Officer (PR&RD) is becoming gazetted Officer since the post of Extension Officer (PR&RD) has also given gazetted status. Whereas Senior Assistant working in Mandal Praja Parishad / Zilla Praja Parishad who opt for Superintendent post is forced to work as Non Gazetted Officer only. He has further informed that the proposal in a broad way, complies with the criteria evolved by the 9th Pay Revision Commission for conferring the Gazetted Status. The Commissioner, PR&RD, while recommending the request of the Association, has requested the Government to accord Gazetted status to the post of Superintendents working in Mandal Praja Praja Parishad and Zilla Praja Parishad and changing the nomenclature of Superintendents working in Mandal Praja Parishad as Deputy Mandal Parishad Development Officers and the post of Superintendents in Zilla Praja Parishad and Head of the Department in the State as Administrative Officer .
- Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order to confer the Gazetted status to the post of Superintendent working in Mandal Praja Parishad, Zilla Praja Parishad and Head of the Department in the State and re-designate as Administrative Officer subject to the condition that the extent of reservation to locals in direct recruitment remain unchanged even after it is Gazetted, duly following the instructions/orders issued in this regard from time to time.
- The Director, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
- This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their UO.No.33023/9/HR-IV-PC/2016, Dated:09/05/2018.
- The following notification will be published in the next issue of Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
N O T I F I C AT I O N
The post of Superintendent working in Mandal Praja Parishad, Zilla Praja Parishad and Head of the Department in the State shall be Gazetted and re-designate as “Administrative Officer”.
Download G.O copy
Download G.O copy