FINANCE (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 119 Dated: 01-08-2018.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Rt.No.4271, Finance (SMPC) Department, dated:01.11.2008.
2. G.O.Ms.No.151, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Dept., dt: 08.08.2016.
3. G.O.Ms.No.53, Finance (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) Dept., dt: 01.05.2018.
4. Representation of the Chairman, A.P. J.A.C., Amaravathi vide CMP No.546/Spl.C.S./2018, dated: 15.05.2018.
** ** **
O R D E R:
Government have introduced a scheme under welfare measure to Government Employees by sanctioning an amount of Rs.15,000/- towards funeral charges (Obsequies charges) to the nearest relative of Government Employees or the person lawfully in possession of the body of the deceased
Government employee to meet the expenses on obsequies ceremony.
2. In the reference 4th read above, the Chairman, A.P. J.A.C. of Employees, Teachers, Workers and Retired employees association, Amaravathi (received through CMP, dt. 15-05-2018) has requested to sanction funeral charges (obsequies charges) to the family of the deceased contract and outsourcing employees on par with the regular employees.
3. Government after careful consideration of the matter, hereby decided to extend the scheme by sanctioning an amount of Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) towards funeral charges (Obsequies charges) to the Contract and Outsourcing Employees who die in harness while working.
The amount shall be payable to the nearest relative of Contract and Outsourcing Employees or the person lawfully in possession of the body of the deceased. These orders are only applicable to the employees whose remuneration drawn under 300-Other Contractual Services.
4. The expenditure on obsequies charges shall be debited under 300- Other contractual services of the relevant head of account of the respective department. For this purpose the expenditure under 300-OCS., shall be exempted from the Treasury Control and Quarterly Regulations. All the departments of Secretariat and Heads of Departments are requested to obtain supplementary grant for such expenditure incurred at the appropriate time during the same financial year.