School Education - Un-Aidc::d Private Educational Institutions - Certain instructions - Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.l, Edn., dated 01.01.1994.
2. G.O.Ms.No. 41, Edn.,(SE.PS.I) Dl. 11.05.2006.
3. G.O.Ms.No.42, Edn.,(SE.PS.I) Dt. 30.07.2010.
The District Educational Officers and Regional Joint Directors of School Education are aware that the permission for establishment of schools under private managements and their regulations are governed as per the rules issued in the G.Os read above.
Further, they are informed that, the Government of India enacted RTE Act, 2009 on 27.08.2009 titled "The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education". Sub-Section (1) of Section 23 of the RTE Act, National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), New Delhi has laid down minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a Teacher for Classes I to VIII in its Principal Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 and amendments issued thereon. The minimum qualification includes a Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) and D.Ed., / B.Ed., This is applicable to all the teachers aspiring to work in Government, Zilla Parishad, Municipal, Welfare Department Schools, Aided and Un-Aided Private Schools in the State.
It is also noticed that several Private Educational Institutions have not following the rules governed in the G.Os with regard to payment of minimum salaries to the teachers and other benefits like gratuity, teachers provident fund, Group Insurance scheme etc., as per Rule 18 of G.O.Ms.No. l Education Department, Dated:O1.01.1994.
Further, it is informed that Rule.20 of G.O.Ms.No.1 Education Department, Dated 01.01.1994 speaks that
"the Educational agency shall submit the Annual Administration Report in the prescribed proformato the competent authority for very financial year by the 30th September at the latest. SUch report shall be supported by the audited statement of accounts of the school duly audited by Chartered Accountant. Separate accounts shall be maintained for each school. Similarly the educational agency, which is running more than one school, shall also submit such returns within the stipulated time to the competent authority.
The Inspecting Authority (Deputy Educational Officer/ MEO) inspect and verify the accounts including payment of the salaries to the staff during regular inspections. Any deviation is subject to action against the school."
In view of the above, it is inform to all the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State to instruct and inform to all the managements of Private Schools that:
- Those teachers who are working in Private Schools without possessing pass TET being conducted by the Andhra Pradesh School Education Department should invariably attend the TET and the managements should confirm their appointment only after passing the TET along with their regular qualification of D.Ed., / B.Ed., and other conditions stipulated by the Government from time to time
- Managements should ensure to pay the minimum salaries to the teachers by 1st of every month through bank.
- All the managements should ensure to reach every benefits like Gratuity, Teachers Provident Fund, Group Insurance Scheme etc., to the teachers and other staff as per Rule 18 of G.O.Ms.No. l
- Education Department, Dated:01.01.1994.
- All the managements should issue Identification Cards to the staff working in their schools
- All the managements should submit their Annual Administration Report in the prescribed proforma to the competent authority for very financial year by the 30th September.
- The Inspecting Authority (Deputy Educational Officer/ MEO) inspect and verify the accounts including payment of the salaries and other benefits like Gratuity, Teachers Provident Fund, Group Insurance Schemes etc., to the staff.
- All the managements should upload the fee collected by them during the academic year 2017-18 in cse.ap.gov.in website.
- All the managements should also upload the fee to be collected by them for the academic year 2018-19 in cse.ap.gov.in website and also display in two prominent places visible to public in respective school premises.
In view of the above circumstances all the RJDSEs and the DEOs in the State are hereby instructed to take necessary steps immediately.
These instructions issued shall be scrupulously followed without any deviation. Any deviation in this regard will be viewed very seriously and necessary action will be taken as per rules without any further notice.