SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.II) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. From the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad, Lr Rc.No.100/PS I /2016, dated 13.04.2016
2. G.O. Ms. No. 56, SE (Prog.II) Dept dated 23.07.2016
3. From the Commissioner of School Education, A.P, Lr.Rc.No.465/PS- I/2017,dated:22.12.2017
4. From the Commissioner of School Education, A.P, Lr.Rc.No.465/PS-I/2017,dated:07.03.2018
In the reference 2nd read above, Government accorded permission to the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. to provide bicycles under new scheme “BADIKOSTHA” to all the girl students studying in IX class in all Govt Schools to increase enrolment, and attendance and to improve academic performance of girl students. Government have further decided to extend this scheme to girl students of Class VIII in addition to the Class IX from the current academic year.
2. In the reference 4th read above, the Commissioner of School Education has proposed to provide bicycles to 1,94,067 girls students studying in VIII class in addition to 1,86,715 girls students studying in IX class totaling to 3,80,782 in Government, Local Bodies, A.P. Model Schools, Private Aided and Municipal Management Schools in the State as per provisional UDISE 2017-18 data and requested to issue orders for issue of e-Procurement Tender Notification for supply of bicycles to school girls under the scheme “Badikosta” for the academic year 2018-19 and also requested to allocate necessary budget for payment to bicycles suppliers approximately Rs.140.00 Crores (as per rates arrived at through tender last year @ Rs3,680/-). There is adequate budget provision for this scheme in the current year.
3. In the circumstances reported by the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. and after careful examination of the matter, Government hereby direct the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. to provide bicycles to girl students of VIII and IX Classes belonging to all categories i.e. SC/ST/BC and OC studying in Government, Local Bodies, A.P. Model Schools, Private Aided and Municipal Management Schools in the State (approximately 3.80 lakhs subject to the latest U-DISE data) under the Scheme of “Badikostha” (costing approximately Rs.140.00 Crores@Rs.3680/-) to increase enrolment, and attendance of girl students in the schools in Andhra Pradesh. Permission is also accorded for procurement through tender following e-Procurement process as was done last year.
4. The Commissioner of School Education, AP shall take further necessary action accordingly.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (FMU-Education) Department vide their U.O.Nos. 41022/16/2016, dated09.04.2018 and 41022/ 39/ 2018, dated 20.02.2018.