INSPIRE Awards -MANAK online nomination for the year 2018–19 has been opened.
Rc. No.112/SCERT/M&Sci/2018 Dt:20.04.2018.
Sub: SCERT,AP, Amaravati-Online nomination for 2018-19 under INSPIRE Award MANAK Scheme-Orders issued.
Read: GO!, Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Sciencc & Technology, New Delhi D.O.No: 12011/71/2015-lAD.
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the reference read above, wherein the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, GOI, New Delhi implemented INSPIRE Award MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge) with a basic
objective to instill creative/ innovative thinking among school students in the age group of 10-15 years and studying in class 6-10.
They are therefore requested to make online nominations for 2018-19 for submission of proposals for INSPIRE MANAK are being resumed from 1st April,2018 and will be open up to 30th June, 2018 and the registered schools under this scheme can nominate 2-3 best ideas from their schools, through online mode in EMIAS
web portal using the link: www.inspirewards.dst.gov.in.
The District Educational Officers in the State are requested to give wide publicity apprise all the Headmasters in their districts to submit online nomination and also to expedite the registration of schools yet to be covered under this scheme. All government and private schools from class 6 to 10, may submit student’s ideas/innovations online by the Headmaster/Principal through E-MIAS (E-Management of INSPIRE Award Scheme) portal. The New schools may also register themselves on this portal.
- The Head Masters of all Government and Private Schools should submit thenominations for participators in INSPIRE – MANAK Programme
- The nominations should be submitted online through E-Mias (E-Management foINSPIRE Award scheme) ports on DST
- The children should be encouraged to come up with Original, Creative technologicalideas / innovations that solve any daily problem or contribute to improve the quality of life (by improving products, processes and services)
- * Students of age group of 10-15 years and studying in standards 6th to 10th classes are eligible.
* The nominations should be submitted along with synopsis
* Nominations can be submitted in any language
* The suggested format for submission of nominations.
* School name and address
* Home address and contact number
* Title of the Project/Idea/Innovation
* Detailed description
* Diagrams/Sketches/photos if any
* Declaration that the project has been done by the student himself/herself
* Bank Account Details
- It is not required to submit any working model along with nomination
- The routine projects, text book experiments, teaching models should be avoided for nomination. Some examples for routine projects.
* Hydel power project, rain water harvesting, water level indicators, vermin compost/vermin wash, letter box alarm and other such alarms, using turbines to generate energy, electricity generation through waste batteries/dung/transport/waves or earthquake alarm, etc.
- The Headmasters shall organize idea competitions to encourage students to come with innovative ideas. Children may be asked to look around for common problems and come up with solutions on their own.
- One student can submit any number of ideas. Two-three ideas should be selected and submitted.
- 2 – 3 best ideas can developed as projects and submitted
- The Head Masters, Teachers should keep in mind the following points will beconsidered for selection of projects at all levels (District/State/National)
The degree of novelty of idea – thurst will be on ‘original ideas’ which aim to solve
Its social applicability and end use.
Scope for diffusion through commercial and/or non-commercial channels
relevance to existing government schemes, etc. may be considered
For more details please watch Animation film in Telugu